The Student Room Group

Bereavements

Hi. Is it normal for funerals of people you know but aren't necessarily very close with too affect you and bring back feelings or
Of other bereavements and fear of losing other people close to you. We've had a non immediate bereavement last weekend funeral today and felt empty numb then but after paying respects and watching funeral cars go past today it's like the very just crashed down. Crying.

The thought of having to go work tomorrow scares me but I've got not much choice. I know everyone that lives has to go etc biut frankly feel horrible.
Reply 1
I honestly don’t think I’m the right person to respond to this but, I assume if you have had experienced bereavement, those thoughts and feelings could be brought to light again after seeing others in a similar situation.
If you feel so bad to the point you aren’t able to go about daily life, I would recommend talking to someone you trust about it or a therapist. As humans, we naturally associate things with other things, so there is nothing wrong with you feeling this way. My heart goes out to you and if you feel you can’t go into work, your mental health is more important so try to talk to someone today and take a sick day or something along the lines if need be.
Bless you, bereavement is never easy, but as long as your strong enough to talk about it, that is all that matters. 🫶
Reply 2
thank you for reply. I guess so yeah we associate things with different things, i guess.
It is impacting me worries me, I've spoke to doc and I'm chasing up the referrals.
Reply 3
Original post by unknownforever
thank you for reply. I guess so yeah we associate things with different things, i guess.
It is impacting me worries me, I've spoke to doc and I'm chasing up the referrals.

That’s great to hear! I’m happy to help. Just want to reiterate your feelings are valid, keep pushing and don’t be afraid to ask for help on the way!
Reply 4
Original post by unknownforever
Hi. Is it normal for funerals of people you know but aren't necessarily very close with too affect you and bring back feelings or
Of other bereavements and fear of losing other people close to you. We've had a non immediate bereavement last weekend funeral today and felt empty numb then but after paying respects and watching funeral cars go past today it's like the very just crashed down. Crying.

The thought of having to go work tomorrow scares me but I've got not much choice. I know everyone that lives has to go etc biut frankly feel horrible.

Yes, I completely sympathise with you.

I left my job 3 weeks ago, i was a Funeral Arranger for 3 years and it was constantly bringing back memories and feelings of when my dad died.

I hope you start to feel better soon x

Quick Reply

Latest