The Student Room Group

Can I do a dagree apprenticeship even though I was removed from my second year of Uni

I did BTEC Business extended diploma in level 3 then went to university and did my first year of computer science with business then due to some personal circumstances/ Family circumstances I was not able to perform well in the 2nd year so the university removed me from the course. Throughout the time I had, I think an apprenticeship is ideal for me and for my future.

Would my getting removed from my course seem like a bad thing to the employers who are offering level 4 or level 6 apprenticeships and can I do a degree apprenticeship in technology? Hope to find answers
Original post by shari2002
I did BTEC Business extended diploma in level 3 then went to university and did my first year of computer science with business then due to some personal circumstances/ Family circumstances I was not able to perform well in the 2nd year so the university removed me from the course. Throughout the time I had, I think an apprenticeship is ideal for me and for my future.

Would my getting removed from my course seem like a bad thing to the employers who are offering level 4 or level 6 apprenticeships and can I do a degree apprenticeship in technology? Hope to find answers

yes you can! i would say ideally apply for level 4 as most degree ones require high alevel grades
Reply 2
Original post by Ethereal001
yes you can! i would say ideally apply for level 4 as most degree ones require high a level grades

Thanks for your reply, even though I have first year qualifications? and If I did level 4 can then I do a level 6?
Thanks for your reply, even though I have first year qualifications? and If I did level 4 can then I do a level 6?

that doesn’t matter because you don’t have a degree qualification. yes once you’ve completed level 4 you can go on to do a level 6
Yes I would apply, quite a lot of people do drop out of uni and do an apprenticeship these days due to many different factors, you can do either a level 4 or a level 6 and still have a successful IT career.

A degree apprenticeship, is the best route to go down as the entire course is funded by your employer and you won't be doing a standard degree but a digital technology solutions (which is a bit easier than a normal degree in terms of what you study). however they are very competitive and sometimes do not offer what you want (Even tech companies may have only business side roles with not much technical work).

However if you don't want to go to uni a level4 is still good, and in some cases better as companies sometimes only offer level4 and they are also easier to get a good grade in than a degree, and in the future if you want to go to uni normally your company will allow you to be either fast tracked or given a significant advantage of getting a level 6.

For both apprenticeships levels unless your applying for one that will send you to either a RG uni such as UBS, JPM, or GS do then grades don't really matter, you only have to have what they are asking for as a minimum, but make sure you do extra courses and learn in your spare time before you apply to have the best chance of gaining the apprenticeship.

(sorry for long answer but i know someone who has been in a situation like yours and this is the advice I gave them)

yes, I believe it's called a top up, although I would discuss this with an employer as it is up to them
Reply 6

why Uni did you go to with BTEC Business extended I also want to do Com Sci at uni with BTEC Business I am trying to look for Uni that can take me with Business?
Reply 7
Original post by QueenOla
why Uni did you go to with BTEC Business extended I also want to do Com Sci at uni with BTEC Business I am trying to look for Uni that can take me with Business?

Birmingham City University will take you, they gave me a offer to study there. Plus their modules are much easier then aston university
Reply 8
Birmingham City University will take you, they gave me a offer to study there. Plus their modules are much easier then aston university

I have to stay in London.

Thank so much for your reply! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending