The Student Room Group

i'm a bit lost for starting alevels

hi friends, i'm really stressing out because I can't quite wrap my head around how exactly you take notes for 6th form and stuff, people keep talking about folders but do you write on paper that is in the folders?? or do you write on notepads that you then take out the paper and put into the folders at home?? I know you have to have big folders that kinda stay at home (excluding days of folder checks) but I don't really get how you are supposed to take notes during the day.
(sorry if this is annoying, i just really don't get it and people I've asked have been quite vague which for my adhd is making me panic and focus on it and stresss)
Original post by soutu
hi friends, i'm really stressing out because I can't quite wrap my head around how exactly you take notes for 6th form and stuff, people keep talking about folders but do you write on paper that is in the folders?? or do you write on notepads that you then take out the paper and put into the folders at home?? I know you have to have big folders that kinda stay at home (excluding days of folder checks) but I don't really get how you are supposed to take notes during the day.
(sorry if this is annoying, i just really don't get it and people I've asked have been quite vague which for my adhd is making me panic and focus on it and stresss)

Don’t panic!! I think it’s kind of up to you how you take notes - that’s how it was at my sixth form at least. What I did was I had a mini folder for each subject that I took to school, and in each folder I kept notes on whatever topic we were currently studying. So I’d have a folder for each subject with me at school, and a bunch of lined paper to write notes on and then put straight into the folder at the end of the lesson. When I moved on to a different topic in class, I’d move the notes from that topic into a bigger folder for the subject that I kept at home.
Original post by soutu

so i started off with a big folder at home, and a mini folder for each subject

i would take the mini folder with me to college every day (i was doing 4 subjects, so usually taking 3 folders with me a day) before i realised this was a massive waste of space and slimmed down to only one mini folder - i wasnt making enough notes in the day to fill this up. then, id go home and file my notes from my mini folder into my big folder

i also do most of my class notes on my ipad (the folder was for worksheets, mini assessments and such). i use notability and its really worth paying to get more than 10 notes as youll go through them fast - notability lets you make individual subject folders and subcategories in that subject

honestly, dont stress too much - find a system that works for you, and dont worry too much about storing notes/taking notes the same as other people
Reply 3
hey, I agree with the above completely, you get used to folders so fast trust me. I'm like you in being stressed to start sixth form, my coping mechanism is just learning as much as humanly possible about how it will be beforehand. current hyperfixation is timetabling lol

Quick Reply

Latest