The Student Room Group

First year Medical School resits

Having fought my place into medical school. I got my results yesterday for first year exams, only to find out I failed by 2%.

The pass mark was 59%, I got 57%. All of my close friends, had passed, that too with flying colours. I feel like nobody is in the same boat as me and it's worse to see everyone move on and enjoy their summer.

I have 4 weeks till my next exams, on the 31st July, 1st August and 2nd August.

I feel unmotivated and it really does feel like the end of the world.

Please give advice and help I'm not sure where to start
Original post by Anonymous
Having fought my place into medical school. I got my results yesterday for first year exams, only to find out I failed by 2%.

The pass mark was 59%, I got 57%. All of my close friends, had passed, that too with flying colours. I feel like nobody is in the same boat as me and it's worse to see everyone move on and enjoy their summer.

I have 4 weeks till my next exams, on the 31st July, 1st August and 2nd August.

I feel unmotivated and it really does feel like the end of the world.

Please give advice and help I'm not sure where to start

Firstly it is really common for people to fail, there will be lots of others in the same boat as you. It will feel like the end of the world, especially when others are off celebrating. So give yourself a moment to be upset/cross whatever you need to feel.
Then you need to plan. Talk to your friends, especially those who passed with flying colours. Ask them for their notes or to help you revise.
Make sure you know what areas you fell down in and whether you are resitting one paper/all. You have 4 weeks and you were so close. You can do this!
Look after yourself too
Reply 2
Original post by Medic's Mother
Firstly it is really common for people to fail, there will be lots of others in the same boat as you. It will feel like the end of the world, especially when others are off celebrating. So give yourself a moment to be upset/cross whatever you need to feel.
Then you need to plan. Talk to your friends, especially those who passed with flying colours. Ask them for their notes or to help you revise.
Make sure you know what areas you fell down in and whether you are resitting one paper/all. You have 4 weeks and you were so close. You can do this!
Look after yourself too

I have asked for notes and they're all very supportive.
I have made a plan but I'm not quite sure what let me down. I've used the same revision technique as others.
I feel overwhelmed and unconfident.
Do you know where I could start?
Reply 3
I have made a plan but I'm not quite sure what let me down. I've used the same revision technique as others.

Hi, can i ask how you have got on please?
Reply 4
Similar situation here. My resit is on the 14th august. Scrolling through threads for some comfort So nervous ur hopefully we all pass 😭

Nothing has let you down. You missed it by 2% !
Get back on that revision, give yourself scheduled time out for relaxing etc and good luck with the resits.
You will go back into year 2 with better understanding and potentially have learnt something about how to manage/tackle the revision as you go.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending