The Student Room Group

Choosing alevels help urgent

Hey I have to make my final decision for a levels in 20 minutes so not sure if anyone will see this but i have no idea what I want to take nor what I want to take in Uni or for a job but i’m thinking of doing

Maths
Business studies
Law
AS psychology

Are these good options? Thanks!!!

Will they limit my future uni/job options?

As apparently law and psychology and especially business are seen as softer subjects so will only one facilitating subject be good enough?

UPDATE: I choose these so please if you think theyre bad dont say or Ill go into a complete meltdown. Thanks!!
(edited 10 months ago)
i would choose the subjects that i enjoy and do well in
Reply 2
Yea i’m not sure what subjects I’ll like till I do them i’m good a business and quite good a maths but not sure on law and psychology.
what exam board for psychology if you know? i love it so much, if you need any help or have any questions feel free to private message me :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by alevelstudent090
what exam board for psychology if you know? i love it so much, if you need any help or have any questions feel free to private message me :smile:

I’m not sure what exam board sorry do you think it was good to take and with the other options I chose i’ve never done it. Also would you say it is respected or not by unis or just in the middle?
These are good a-levels just make sure to get good grades, thats what unis care abt
Reply 6
Original post by toothysmile
These are good a-levels just make sure to get good grades, thats what unis care abt

Thanks just sent them in just need to hear they are good options.
Original post by Kelly0121
I’m not sure what exam board sorry do you think it was good to take and with the other options I chose i’ve never done it. Also would you say it is respected or not by unis or just in the middle?

i think you have a good combo but my question is, why are u doing 3 a levels and an As level? do you need that? why dont u do just 3 a-levels? yes, unis so respect the a-level mostly and it goes well with biology and maths normally. you’re doing maths, so that’s great! your maths will be good with psychology as psychology has maths in it too. you dont know what you wanna do at uni, so i think you should choose the subjects you think you will like. perhaps look at rhe content you will be learning too to see.
Reply 8
Original post by alevelstudent090
i think you have a good combo but my question is, why are u doing 3 a levels and an As level? do you need that? why dont u do just 3 a-levels? yes, unis so respect the a-level mostly and it goes well with biology and maths normally. you’re doing maths, so that’s great! your maths will be good with psychology as psychology has maths in it too. you dont know what you wanna do at uni, so i think you should choose the subjects you think you will like. perhaps look at rhe content you will be learning too to see.

My school says we have to do 3 A levels and an enrichment which is either an AS or class support so I choose an AS.

Quick Reply

Latest