The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Clearing 2023

There are 244 courses in clearing! Very surprised.
Original post by Wolf52

@Wolf52 How do you find that out?
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
@Wolf52 How do you find that out?

UCAS
Original post by Wolf52

No there aren't, those are just places for early home and international clearing. See here.

The actual number of courses in clearing will change on A-level results day.
Reply 5
No there aren't, those are just places for early home and international clearing. See here.

Thank you!
Reply 6

What does “early home” mean. Are those U.K. students that have got their results already, e.g those doing IB? If so, seems unfair that they can apply for places before A-level students, unless I’ve misunderstood?
Reply 7

The number of UK home students recruited by clearing at Birmingham in 2021 was 20 and in 2022 it was 21

For full details of past clearing recruitment see the attachment in the link below - the data includes the courses that had vacancies and A level grades required

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/clearing_2021_and_2022_2030#incoming-2345912

It is very difficult to predict which courses will have clearing vacancies for home students in 2023 and how many students will be offered a clearing place on the 17th but my guess would be that if Birmingham does recruit UK students via clearing the numbers will be small
When will we know what universities have spaces on clearing? I’m aware that things change when results come out (i.e Birmingham closed their early clearing but say they may reopen their clearing when A level results are released) but will we have any idea before results day so we can call up and find out as soon as lines open?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending