The Student Room Group

Clearing

Are you automatically entered for clearing by ucas if you're withdrawn by both ur choices? How does clearing work, is it an individual try a bunch of unis or are u entered in some kind of draw for courses similar to yours?
You’re eligible for clearing if you aren’t accepted by your firm or insurance choice.

You then choose to use it by contacting unis. They may give you an offer. You can receive many clearing offers but can only accept one.

The UCAS clearing page has a good explanation.
Reply 3
If I have an offer, but don’t want to go to either, can I just reject them and go into clearing myself?
Original post by Hiim
If I have an offer, but don’t want to go to either, can I just reject them and go into clearing myself?

If you’re unconditional at a uni on results day, yes, you can release yourself into clearing.
UCAS says you have to apply for clearing so how do I do that?
My firm (for 2023) has really high grades and my insurance has much more attainable grades but an issue with my application means I've applied for 2024 instead of 2023, if I got into the insurance (but for 2024 instead of 2023) how would I apply for clearing as I want to ring unis ASAP once I get my results at 8am, my first clearing choice uni opens its hotlines at 8am but if I have to apply for clearing how would that work and how long would it take to open a clearing account?
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Hiim

Yes, but to do that you need to give up your existing confirmed place. This is irreversible, so you should be really sure that you don't want to go to your confirmed firm/insurance uni before you select Decline My Place.
Original post by InNeedOfHelpPls
My firm (for 2023) has really high grades and my insurance has much more attainable grades but an issue with my application means I've applied for 2024 instead of 2023, if I got into the insurance (but for 2024 instead of 2023) how would I apply for clearing as I want to ring unis ASAP once I get my results at 8am, my first clearing choice uni opens its hotlines at 8am but if I have to apply for clearing how would that work and how long would it take to open a clearing account?

Your current application will automatically be eligible for clearing if both your firm and insruance reject you on results day.

If you are happy with either of your offers, but not the year of entry, just call the up and ask to change. If they are happy they can do that without clearing.

Would you want to apply elsewhere if you were placed with your insurance or do you just want them to amend your offer to 2023 entry?
Original post by PQ
Would you want to apply elsewhere if you were placed with your insurance or do you just want them to amend your offer to 2023 entry?

I want to ammend my entry to 2023 but I've called BCU and UCAS so many times, UCAS says its too late and to call BCU, BCU tells me that they'll get to my email eventually and cant do anything over the phone and since results day is in 4 days I think I'm going to have to go through clearing for another course or uni if my start date isn't changed which is just gutting.
I want to ammend my entry to 2023 but I've called BCU and UCAS so many times, UCAS says its too late and to call BCU, BCU tells me that they'll get to my email eventually and cant do anything over the phone and since results day is in 4 days I think I'm going to have to go through clearing for another course or uni if my start date isn't changed which is just gutting.

BCU wouldn’t be able to undefer your offer while you were CI with them. They’ll only be able to do that once they’ve made your place unconditional.

If you’re placed with them on Thursday then ring them up. They’ll almost certainly be able to amend it to 2023 without having to use clearing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending