The Student Room Group

Phamacy personal statement!

hello,
i am a year 12 student wanting to do pharmacy.
i have plenty of experience, books, and other things i can write about on my personal statement. however, i really stuggle with writing, i cant make anything sound really professional. i have structured and put the things i have done into the 3 different paragraphs. but i am really stuggling to begin. another thing is i keep seeing other peoples and they sound amazing but i just dont think i can get on that level.

any advice please? would help alot as it is stressing me out so much, and my teacher wants a draft this week!
Original post by anonmy179
hello,
i am a year 12 student wanting to do pharmacy.
i have plenty of experience, books, and other things i can write about on my personal statement. however, i really stuggle with writing, i cant make anything sound really professional. i have structured and put the things i have done into the 3 different paragraphs. but i am really stuggling to begin. another thing is i keep seeing other peoples and they sound amazing but i just dont think i can get on that level.

any advice please? would help alot as it is stressing me out so much, and my teacher wants a draft this week!

Studential has a good template you can use and example personal statements from actual past students and it shows at the bottom which unis they got offers from.
Submit a draft to your teacher even if you’re not happy with it. They’re there to help!

Instead of listing lots of things think about which things you can write about in detail. Talk about the task required, what your role was, how you approached it, what went well, what was difficult, how you worked around a problem, what you would do differently if you were in that situation again.

The thing that makes a PS unique and personal is the details. Fewer topics and more reflections on your experience is almost always a better idea. If you want to talk about something you’ve done that should be at least 3 sentences.
Original post by JA03
Studential has a good template you can use and example personal statements from actual past students and it shows at the bottom which unis they got offers from.

They got the idea from TSR: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/personal-statements/pharmacy/

There’s a PS builder tool on TSR too :wink:
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Submit a draft to your teacher even if you’re not happy with it. They’re there to help!

Instead of listing lots of things think about which things you can write about in detail. Talk about the task required, what your role was, how you approached it, what went well, what was difficult, how you worked around a problem, what you would do differently if you were in that situation again.

The thing that makes a PS unique and personal is the details. Fewer topics and more reflections on your experience is almost always a better idea. If you want to talk about something you’ve done that should be at least 3 sentences.

thankyou so much, i will follow this from now on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending