The Student Room Group

I can’t properly sleep anymore

The last three nights I haven’t been able to actually fall asleep at all, I’ve stayed awake until the early hours of the morning and I’m only getting the half the sleep that I got literally four days ago. I feel like I can already tell that today is going to be another repeat of it.

I also can’t stop crying while lying in bed, I cry for like an hour sometimes longer. I’m not even completely sure what I’m actually crying about, the urge to cry just comes over me and I break.

Is anyone else going through this right now and does anyone have any advice.
Original post by Anonymous
The last three nights I haven’t been able to actually fall asleep at all, I’ve stayed awake until the early hours of the morning and I’m only getting the half the sleep that I got literally four days ago. I feel like I can already tell that today is going to be another repeat of it.

I also can’t stop crying while lying in bed, I cry for like an hour sometimes longer. I’m not even completely sure what I’m actually crying about, the urge to cry just comes over me and I break.

Have you been through something distressing, either recently or in the past, that you've been reminded of? Is there something that's really on your mind and bothering you, causing you to cry at night (in private) even if you don't fully understand it? Has something dramatically changed in your life (finished exams, left your job, lost a friend) that is making you feel unhappy or uncertain about your future? Has your environment changed?

I would think about some of these things, because a change so sudden suggests that there is a deeper event that you aren't addressing, culminating in an outburst of emotions at night.
Original post by Anonymous

Hello

Sorry for whatever you are experiencing and thank you that you are sharing it. May I know a bit more about you such as how old are you/are you in school, uni or...?

Also, what are the possible reasons you can think of that might urge you to cry?
Reply 3
I'm sorry to hear this

Is it possible why you are like this, have you been through something distressing?

can get support and there is a lot of support out there such as:

-The Samaritans, you can call 116 123, which is available 24 hours a day

-Mind, 0300 123 3393

-Saneline, 0300 304 7000, from 4.30pm-10.30pm

-The mix, 0800 808 4994, 11am-11pm

-SHOUT, text 852258, 24 hour text service

-Crises, 741741, text service

-Papyrus, 0800 068 4141, if you have thoughts of suicide or in emotional distress

-Rethink mental health, 0300 5000 927

-No Panic, 0800 138 8889

-relate, they have a chat advisor

There is the mind forum

Also Facebook groups

You can join support groups

You can contact a crises team if things get very bad

Plenty of resources online, information regarding well being

Quick Reply

Latest