The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

what is it like to study foundation course at central saint maritns?

I recently got accepted to 3-Dimensional Design and Architecture foundation course at central saint martins. I have a few questions for those who have studied any foundation course at CSM.

How many times do you have course sessions in a week and is there a timetable that you need to follow? What types of assignments are you expected to receive at the 3-dimensional design foundation course? Is there flexibility in this course that will allow me to take on part time jobs at the same time?

Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
Architecture courses are especially demanding if you look to get onto a BA riba pt 1, it will be even more so in terms of a foundation course i would assume it wouldn't be as demanding but there is a lot of course work so with good time management youll be able to get a part time job.

Some advice though architecture degrees are amazing in terms of learning youll have fun designing things. In reality when you work its a completely different ball game, so dont rush into anything and i would recommend this summer to intern or ring up some design practices in your local area or a firm you like asking them for work experience for a couple weeks. If it's something you like then i would say pursue but with someone who is into design and creative a better route and avenue to explore would be ux design. Its much more lucrative, elements of design and also tech. Really good starting salaries and you can also do courses online on websites like Udemy. If at anypoint you feel like switching up with your degree, change it up and dont listen to anyone follow your gut and think long and hard about what you want to do just get a normal job and take your time deciding whilst you do. There are no deadlines.
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
I recently got accepted to 3-Dimensional Design and Architecture foundation course at central saint martins. I have a few questions for those who have studied any foundation course at CSM.

How many times do you have course sessions in a week and is there a timetable that you need to follow? What types of assignments are you expected to receive at the 3-dimensional design foundation course? Is there flexibility in this course that will allow me to take on part time jobs at the same time?

Thank you :smile:

Hello,

I recommend you reach out to our wonderful student ambassadors who can probably answer some of your questions about the timetable and assignments on the foundation course. You can contact them here: https://www.arts.ac.uk/study-at-ual/askastudent

Many students will work part time while they are university, although the foundation course is full time so you will need to find work that fits around your course. At UAL you could join ArtsTemps - this is our internal employment system and many students will work for us as ambassadors while they are studying. If you do join UAL, you are also able to access the Creative Opportunities jobs board - this is where job opportunities from external employers are posted.

Best wishes

Sian
UK Student Recruitment Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending