The Student Room Group

College level 1,2 or 3

I'm starting college in September and applied for a level 2 course. The entry requirements are English and science at grade 3. I think I will get below a 3 in science as i struggled really bad. Will they be lenient and still allow me to do the level 2 course if i got a 1 or 2 in science or would they have to bump me down to a level 1. I originally wanted to do a level 3 but science is my weak spot so i went lower but i didnt want to go as low as level 1 ;(

Also to add i left school in year 10 due to bullying and was home educated, i dont know if this would change anything though...
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by anonymous1462
I'm starting college in September and applied for a level 2 course. The entry requirements are English and science at grade 3. I think I will get below a 3 in science as i struggled really bad. Will they be lenient and still allow me to do the level 2 course if i got a 1 or 2 in science or would they have to bump me down to a level 1. I originally wanted to do a level 3 but science is my weak spot so i went lower but i didnt want to go as low as level 1 ;(

Also to add i left school in year 10 due to bullying and was home educated, i dont know if this would change anything though...

Definitely mention it to ur chosen school about your circumstances and that you were home educated, that had an affect on your grades, then they may still let you into Level 2 since they know that it had affected how well you could do. As long as u can tell them that u are willing and can do well then hopefully they’ll let u do it.
But it depends on the sixth form too and what they choose ultimately.

Quick Reply

Latest