The Student Room Group

Is year 0 the gift year?

30 year old, So studied as an undergraduate.. year 0 and year 1. Passed. Took a few years off and now I have to resist year 1 because they’ve changed the study plan.
Can I start again now (a few years later) a get funded for years 1,2 and 3?
Can I restart from foundation level?
Will student finance support this? If not which years will they support?
Also il add it’s a different university than the one I first studied in.
Any advice appreciated! Thanks!
Original post by Lisa564
30 year old, So studied as an undergraduate.. year 0 and year 1. Passed. Took a few years off and now I have to resist year 1 because they’ve changed the study plan.
Can I start again now (a few years later) a get funded for years 1,2 and 3?
Can I restart from foundation level?
Will student finance support this? If not which years will they support?
Also il add it’s a different university than the one I first studied in.
Any advice appreciated! Thanks!

Hi Lisa,

If you've studied 2 years previously then this would count as two years of previous study. What is the new course you're looking to study and is this full time or part time? Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi Lisa,

If you've studied 2 years previously then this would count as two years of previous study. What is the new course you're looking to study and is this full time or part time? Thanks, Jason

Fill time, same course. I know two years takes two years off the 4 year study.. but I have to sit the year 1 again because they changed the curriculum so will I be able to use a ‘gift’ year for that? Or have I used my gift year for the year 0? Baring in mind I haven’t applied for a gift year or anything
Original post by Lisa564
Fill time, same course. I know two years takes two years off the 4 year study.. but I have to sit the year 1 again because they changed the curriculum so will I be able to use a ‘gift’ year for that? Or have I used my gift year for the year 0? Baring in mind I haven’t applied for a gift year or anything

Thanks Lisa,

If you've not had any previous study (prior to beginning this course) then yes, you'd be eligible to use your gift year to retake year 1 again. So you'd be fully funded for this. Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Thanks Lisa,

If you've not had any previous study (prior to beginning this course) then yes, you'd be eligible to use your gift year to retake year 1 again. So you'd be fully funded for this. Thanks, Jason

No previous study. Year 0 and 1 in Sunderland uni, and wanting to resit 1 on Newcastle uni and then obviously do 2 and 3? That’s all going to be ok to do? Thanks
Original post by Lisa564
No previous study. Year 0 and 1 in Sunderland uni, and wanting to resit 1 on Newcastle uni and then obviously do 2 and 3? That’s all going to be ok to do? Thanks

That's correct so your calculation would be 4 years of your course + 1 additional year. So it would be as follows

Year 0 - funded
Year 1 - funded
Year 1 (repeat) - funded
Year 2 - funded
Year 3 - funded.

Thanks, Jason
Reply 6
That's correct so your calculation would be 4 years of your course + 1 additional year. So it would be as follows

Year 0 - funded
Year 1 - funded
Year 1 (repeat) - funded
Year 2 - funded
Year 3 - funded.

Thanks, Jason

Thank you so much!
Original post by Lisa564
Thank you so much!

You're welcome. Have a good day. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest