The Student Room Group

Btec and A levels

Hi,
I was wondering if, if you had a Btec in Art and design you could use it as a qualifications for A-Levels as my gcse's weren't very good is this possible?
Original post by antihero74638
Hi,
I was wondering if, if you had a Btec in Art and design you could use it as a qualifications for A-Levels as my gcse's weren't very good is this possible?

If you mean you have a L2 BTEC Art and design, some colleges will allow you to study a L3 BTEC Art and design if you have Merit or above, but you will have to do Maths and English GCSEs alongside if you don't have those. Unlikely to let you use it in lieu of GCSEs to sit A levels
Reply 2
Original post by bamtutor
If you mean you have a L2 BTEC Art and design, some colleges will allow you to study a L3 BTEC Art and design if you have Merit or above, but you will have to do Maths and English GCSEs alongside if you don't have those. Unlikely to let you use it in lieu of GCSEs to sit A levels

I did a level 3 btec in 2018 did really well now I just don't know what to do with the qualifications
Original post by antihero74638
I did a level 3 btec in 2018 did really well now I just don't know what to do with the qualifications

If you did a L3 BTEC, it will be equivalent in UCAS points to 1,2 or 3 A levels depending on the size of the BTEC (Certificate, Ext Certificate, Diploma, Ext Dip etc).

You can therefore use it to go to University (but you may still need GCSEs) or get a job in the 'Art industry. As it was 5 years ago, some Universities may accept you as a mature student, and they aren't always that fussed about GCSEs at that stage.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending