The Student Room Group

personal statement

hey guys so I am planning on studying law at uni and I need help linking my role as like prefect and student ambassador and house captain and relate it to law. I already talked about the skills I have learnt. Just need one short sentence linking it please
Reply 1
Original post by MII88
hey guys so I am planning on studying law at uni and I need help linking my role as like prefect and student ambassador and house captain and relate it to law. I already talked about the skills I have learnt. Just need one short sentence linking it please

organisational skills, public speaking maybe?
Don’t pad your PS with soft skills that aren’t directly relevant.

Don’t tenuously try to link your extra curriculars if they don’t tie in to your course. Just have your referee detail them in their statement.

Everything in the PS should relate to your suitability and motivation for the academic subject.

(I’m a senior member of admissions staff and I read a couple of hundred PS’s a week at peak times.)
My roles as prefect, house captain and student ambassador have allowed me to represent others by providing a voice for those that cant speak for themselves

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending