The Student Room Group

Freshfields or Linklaters?

Hi, I have TC offers from Linklaters & Freshfields. I have done a vac scheme with LL and really liked the culture. I haven't with FF and am having a hard time making a decision. I have heard good and some bad anecdotes about FF and was hoping if anyone had any experience with them and their culture could share their experiences?
Reply 1
They are two fantastic offers so well done!

I haven't worked at either but various colleagues & friends have worked in MC firms and at a firm wide level they are likely going to be pretty similar at the end of the day - the culture you feel at the firm is going to be driven far more by the individual teams and personalities you end up working with on your seats and you'll be working hard at either! Ditto - whether FF or LL is ranked slightly higher than the other for corporate, or finance etc.. etc... is irrelevant at trainee level and frankly pretty irrelevant at levels much higher too.

Pick whichever you feel you'll be happiest at - personally if I was in your position and had enjoyed the vac scheme at Links I'd choose them - but either will give you a great start to your legal career.
Culture literally varies from team to team in a firm as big as LL and FF. Don’t bother trying to figure out what that might be like as you simple won’t know till you get to the team/speak to people in that particular team. Doesn’t really matter which you pick as you’ll have good training and opportunities in both.
Reply 3
Original post by Tedros68
Hi, I have TC offers from Linklaters & Freshfields. I have done a vac scheme with LL and really liked the culture. I haven't with FF and am having a hard time making a decision. I have heard good and some bad anecdotes about FF and was hoping if anyone had any experience with them and their culture could share their experiences?

Congrats, if you don’t mind, can I know what school are you from and what grades have you achieved ?! Had you tried to apply vac scheme for long time ?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending