The Student Room Group

How to calm my anxiety

Hey guys! I'm currently in the last week of my Year 10, I am doing my GCSEs soon. So let me just tell you some minimal backstory.

I just arrived to the UK recently, and I've been in school for 3 weeks. So far, I've been having anxiety attacks/panic attacks almost everyday. I wanna calm my ass down but I'm not sure how. My dad sacrificed everything for me to move here and I feel bad for everything.

My anxiety didn't went down even when I took a break, It just happens randomly. How do you guys calm your anxiety? I want some help on that. I don't wanna cry everyday :frown:
Reply 1
Hey! You could try looking at some grounding techniques, I’ve always found the 5-4-3-2-1 method quite helpful but there are loads out there to look at and try. If you practice them when your calm it can help you remember them when your in the middle of an anxiety attack.

There’s also a free app called Clarity, I’ve not personally used it but I’ve heard it’s very helpful. It uses cognitive behavioural therapy to help you understand where your anxiety comes from and how you can help to manage it.

I hope one of these will be helpful :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by mkr_08
Hey! You could try looking at some grounding techniques, I’ve always found the 5-4-3-2-1 method quite helpful but there are loads out there to look at and try. If you practice them when your calm it can help you remember them when your in the middle of an anxiety attack.

There’s also a free app called Clarity, I’ve not personally used it but I’ve heard it’s very helpful. It uses cognitive behavioural therapy to help you understand where your anxiety comes from and how you can help to manage it.

I hope one of these will be helpful :smile:

thnx so much dear, it really helps out a lot
Reply 3
Hey, you did the right thing opening up..i advise you try and figure out what triggers those panick attacks and seek for medical advice..also engage yourself in activities to get your mind of of triggering thpughts

Quick Reply

Latest