The Student Room Group

Help!, trouble with setting up natwest account

My friend was setting up there NatWest account for the First time, everything seemed fine and the debit card arrived, but they are locked out of their account because when setting up their mobile account, because they forgot the 7-10 digit password and have to "re-apply for online banking"

Only issue is they forgot/did not write down their sort code and account number either which you can only get by logging in, so they can't get into their account.

Extremely unfortunate situation, has this happened to anyone before?

We've tried contacting customer service but obviously they are busy, so we requested a call back.

Should we go the bank in person?, should we set up an account with another bank maybe? this is the last thing I really want to happen :frown:

Thanks to anyone who replies/can offer some advice.

Update: Issue has been sorted! :smile:
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by MonoAno555
My friend was setting up there NatWest account for the First time, everything seemed fine and the debit card arrived, but they are locked out of their account because when setting up their mobile account, because they forgot the 7-10 digit password and have to "re-apply for online banking"

Only issue is they forgot/did not write down their sort code and account number either which you can only get by logging in, so they can't get into their account.

We've tried contacting customer service but obviously they are busy, so we requested a call back.

Should we go the bank in person?, should we set up an account with another bank maybe? this is the last thing I really want to happen :frown:

The sort code and account number are normally written on the debit card, which your friend has. Failing that, you say they "did not write down their sort code and account number". These details won't have been provided verbally, but will have been provided in an e-mail or in a letter. Hence there won't have been the need to write them down anywhere anyway.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
The sort code and account number are normally written on the debit card, which your friend has. Failing that, you say they "did not write down their sort code and account number". These details won't have been provided verbally, but will have been provided in an e-mail or in a letter. Hence there won't have been the need to write them down anywhere anyway.

With NatWest for some reason, they only have the sort code and account number when you log into their online banking site and its not on the card or the letters/emails you get when you set up this account
Reply 3
this also happened to someone I know a while back... it's best to go in person and sort your issue out
With NatWest for some reason, they only have the sort code and account number when you log into their online banking site and its not on the card or the letters/emails you get when you set up this account

How strange. It sounds like a branch visit might be required. Tell your friend not to forget id.
Reply 5
My friend was setting up there NatWest account for the First time

Curious as to why you are so concerned about a friend setting up their bank account; what's the problem if they have to use another bank?
Reply 6

Update: Issue has been sorted! :smile:

could I ask you how you managed to sort it? did you end up having to go in or did you call customer service? Im in the same situation right now
Reply 7
Original post by Ahhcew
could I ask you how you managed to sort it? did you end up having to go in or did you call customer service? Im in the same situation right now

customer service sorted it, definetly call them!
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending