The Student Room Group

Do student landlords do credit checks

Hi!

Is it common for student landlords to perform credit checks since most of them require a guarantor anyway?
Just asking because I have a cifas marker from a few months ago and I’m worried I won’t get accommodation for next year.
I can get a guarantor and have a bank account so no problem there.

Thanks.
Original post by harrytdn
Hi!

Is it common for student landlords to perform credit checks since most of them require a guarantor anyway?
Just asking because I have a cifas marker from a few months ago and I’m worried I won’t get accommodation for next year.
I can get a guarantor and have a bank account so no problem there.

Thanks.

No don’t worry they won’t know about the Cifas marker and don’t tell them. Only organisations that are registered with Cifas can access that. Don’t stress bro take it easy. I have one for 2 years and non of my banks have closed down. I can see Barclays carrying a Cifas check every month for the past 12 months and they haven’t closed my account. I know this because I request DSAR from Cifas every month and I see Barclays have carried out a check”. I have Amex credit card with £6000 limit and it hasn’t been closed. I have Barclays credit card with £3000 limit and NatWest with £2000. Non of these have been closed. Just don’t apply for any new banks or credit cards.
Reply 2
Original post by Hellomate99
No don’t worry they won’t know about the Cifas marker and don’t tell them. Only organisations that are registered with Cifas can access that. Don’t stress bro take it easy. I have one for 2 years and non of my banks have closed down. I can see Barclays carrying a Cifas check every month for the past 12 months and they haven’t closed my account. I know this because I request DSAR from Cifas every month and I see Barclays have carried out a check”. I have Amex credit card with £6000 limit and it hasn’t been closed. I have Barclays credit card with £3000 limit and NatWest with £2000. Non of these have been closed. Just don’t apply for any new banks or credit cards.

Damn really? What category is your marker? 6?
My basic HSBC account is still open from when i was 16 and my NatWest student account is still open that i opened in august. Ive had the marker for just about 2 months so expecting them to close soon.
Reply 3
Original post by harrytdn
Damn really? What category is your marker? 6?
My basic HSBC account is still open from when i was 16 and my NatWest student account is still open that i opened in august. Ive had the marker for just about 2 months so expecting them to close soon.

hows it going now? is ur account still open

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending