The Student Room Group

Where can I meet girls around the age of 17

Hey I am a 17 year old boy with (mild high functioning) autism and ADHD, I have been dreaming of having a girlfriend for the past 3 years since I never had one before. I have never hanged out with any friends outside of school due to to feeling emotionally delayed for my age (such as not walking to school the full distance alone till I was 16).

I go to a school with girls there but none of them are my type of girl I want, I have 2 more years left of school and will finish school at the age of 19 (I live in Ireland btw). I also go to a youth club but the girls that I met here are mainly much younger than my age (there around age 14) and I will turn 18 in June next year. I am also sometimes in a group with just boys in that youth club too and it's also mostly boys and younger girls.

Is there anywhere where I can meet other girls around the age of 17 (aged between 16-18), I would rather avoid meeting a girl online because they can pretend to be something that there are not and I don't want to be a victim of this. It's unlikely that I'll be going to any nightclub or pub at 18 as I feel emotionally delayed for my age (legal drinking age is 18 where I live). I also think randomly approaching girls on the street is kinda creepy and also I wouldn't go to a church club as I'm not religious.
Reply 1
Best thing I can suggest or advise is to do a brainstorming diagram of your interests / hobbies.

EG:

In the centre of the diagram is - ( You )
Draw lines from the centre to other bubbles, and label these as your hobbies / interests.
Expand on them further. For example: If a hobby is listening to music, what specific genre?
Then expand on that even further. For example, If the hobby is listening to music, and the specific genre is trance, then the hint could be a music concert featuring artists that perform in that specific genre.

Then go to Facebook or some social media site you use, and search for groups in those specific hobbies / interests you have.
Using the music example, Trance music is quite big in Ireland, and the NITF (Northern Ireland Trance Family) put events on across the Isle (Planetlove is this time next month).

Attend these events either solo or with friends.

Hope this helps you find people in your age group / people in general.
Original post by Anonymous
Hey I am a 17 year old boy with (mild high functioning) autism and ADHD, I have been dreaming of having a girlfriend for the past 3 years since I never had one before. I have never hanged out with any friends outside of school due to to feeling emotionally delayed for my age (such as not walking to school the full distance alone till I was 16).

I go to a school with girls there but none of them are my type of girl I want, I have 2 more years left of school and will finish school at the age of 19 (I live in Ireland btw). I also go to a youth club but the girls that I met here are mainly much younger than my age (there around age 14) and I will turn 18 in June next year. I am also sometimes in a group with just boys in that youth club too and it's also mostly boys and younger girls.

Is there anywhere where I can meet other girls around the age of 17 (aged between 16-18), I would rather avoid meeting a girl online because they can pretend to be something that there are not and I don't want to be a victim of this. It's unlikely that I'll be going to any nightclub or pub at 18 as I feel emotionally delayed for my age (legal drinking age is 18 where I live). I also think randomly approaching girls on the street is kinda creepy and also I wouldn't go to a church club as I'm not religious.

hi, i also have this exact problem, although I'm a 17 year old girl. I don't have many friends and so its very hard to meet people. Recently, i have been joining clubs to try and meet new people, even just friends. i'm also trying to push myself to go out as often as i can so its more of a possibility.
I've recently been diagnosed with autism aswell and so this makes it really hard to connect with people and telling the difference between romantic and platonic relationships.
My advice would be to join clubs you're interested in and meet people that way; i find this helps because you'll have similarities and something to talk about.
Reply 3
Lots of youth clubs may be mostly younger teenagers and boys just like my club that I go to.

I can consider getting a part time job where there's girls around my age there, do you know any jobs that lots of teens around age 17 work.

Another challenge of me having a girlfriend is my living situation, it's literally just me and my single mother (I have no other relatives in my life other than her), my mother also has no friends and doesn't work and is socially isolated, my house is also kind of a mess (there used to be mould on the walls of the stairway and the bathroom and kitchen doesn't have proper flooring), so it would be difficult for me to invite someone to this house, also I sometimes argue and don't get on with my mother.
Original post by Anonymous
Lots of youth clubs may be mostly younger teenagers and boys just like my club that I go to.

I can consider getting a part time job where there's girls around my age there, do you know any jobs that lots of teens around age 17 work.

Another challenge of me having a girlfriend is my living situation, it's literally just me and my single mother (I have no other relatives in my life other than her), my mother also has no friends and doesn't work and is socially isolated, my house is also kind of a mess (there used to be mould on the walls of the stairway and the bathroom and kitchen doesn't have proper flooring), so it would be difficult for me to invite someone to this house, also I sometimes argue and don't get on with my mother.

a part time job would be great, most young people work in hospitality and retail so places like fast food restaurants and shops near your town centre.
Reply 5
Bro i think you are me, im confused
I'll say use some dating apps or W rizz😉
And if u know a better solution pls tell me 😔😁

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending