The Student Room Group

beauty standards

I truly do believe beauty standards were created by women to let other women down cuz honestly when it comes to guys they don't look at the colour of ur skin to determine how pretty u are, they don't look at ur eye shape or ur face shape as a matter of fact. but when it comes to women they'll drag u down, backchat about u and give u dirty looks implicitly and explicitly calling you ugly like why, let me be me if i'm ugly how and why is that any of ur concern? is it u that has to stare in the mirror everyday to see me? i haven't been called ugly ever but i'm starting to feel like it by the amount of looks i get like i don't belong, is it that hard to ignore me and not acknowledge my existence?
Original post by Anonymous
I truly do believe beauty standards were created by women to let other women down cuz honestly when it comes to guys they don't look at the colour of ur skin to determine how pretty u are, they don't look at ur eye shape or ur face shape as a matter of fact. but when it comes to women they'll drag u down, backchat about u and give u dirty looks implicitly and explicitly calling you ugly like why, let me be me if i'm ugly how and why is that any of ur concern? is it u that has to stare in the mirror everyday to see me? i haven't been called ugly ever but i'm starting to feel like it by the amount of looks i get like i don't belong, is it that hard to ignore me and not acknowledge my existence?

This is valid however society (which is run by men) and the beauty industry (which is run by men - don't believe me the majority of beauty brands CEO are men, despite the industry largely being catered towards women...) are all responsible for creating these views, which cause women to betray each other. It sucks when ppl stare at me like I don't belong (I'm a poc in a largely white friendship group/ school) but i've learnt to dgaf

Quick Reply

Latest