The Student Room Group

Offer holders of the Cambridge Uni. Foundation year, how many criteria did you meet?

Hi there, successful Offer holders of the Cambridge University Foundation year in Arts & Humanities, how many criteria did you meet? I meet a few, but I don't want to risk applying if it will be a waste of time. I'd like a perspective on how many you guys had to determine whether or not it's worth me applying. Thank you.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 1
Bump!
Original post by artistath3art
Hi there, successful Offer holders of the Cambridge University Foundation year in Arts & Humanities, how many criteria did you meet? I meet a few, but I don't want to risk applying if it will be a waste of time. I'd like a perspective on how many you guys had to determine whether or not it's worth me applying. Thank you.

Hello! 2023 offer holder here, if that's what you're worried about, please don't be! Your chances of getting in are unrelated to how much eligibility criteria are met; once you've proved eligibility, it's like a box is ticked to say you can move forward, and it becomes irrelevant as the process goes on. From there, everyone is judged purely on academic ability. It would be unfair to point score on who is 'more eligible' because we've all clearly gone through disadvantages and it isn't a competition. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Hello! 2023 offer holder here, if that's what you're worried about, please don't be! Your chances of getting in are unrelated to how much eligibility criteria are met; once you've proved eligibility, it's like a box is ticked to say you can move forward, and it becomes irrelevant as the process goes on. From there, everyone is judged purely on academic ability. It would be unfair to point score on who is 'more eligible' because we've all clearly gone through disadvantages and it isn't a competition. Hope this helps :smile:

Good morning, thanks for instilling me with such hope haha. In light of what you've said, I'm now much more confident. Thank you so much. I have the utmost confidence that I'll be successful - my grades are great, so I'll try my best to ace the admissions test. Also, you're 100% right it's not about suffering Olympics. Thanks again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending