The Student Room Group

depression and reality

FYI I’m 20.

does anyone else feel like life is so repetitive and not see the point of anything ? Like it’s a constant cycle even if you change up the pattern some things have to remain similar.
Original post by Unknown.101
FYI I’m 20.

does anyone else feel like life is so repetitive and not see the point of anything ? Like it’s a constant cycle even if you change up the pattern some things have to remain similar.

I feel you, sometimes life does feel like very pointless and when we as humans feel like there is no meaning to our lives we get depressed, even though it is totally valid to just exist, so in order to overcome this ,find a purpose for yourself , for some people it is their religion, their faith , for some a job etc and helping others always makes one feel better...maybe u could volunteer at a foodbank or something to get ur mind on something else and this will also give u a dopamine rush too. And some things are always going to remain constant in ur life and if these things are bad cut them out, otherwise its not necessarily a bad thing. I understand what you mean, sometimes we get into a slump and we feel like we are drowning, like nothing will change and this adds to our hopelessness and i know it is easier said then done but u have to fight to get urself out of that, do a hobby, do some sports etc , talk to someone trusted about it too, so that u can get out of it and start seeing the positives again, which there always are if u look hard enough. Dont look at those better off than u as that will just make u feel worse, look at those who are in worse positions than u so u can be grateful---it does help to do that and it no way means ur situation isnt hard , it just makes it easier for u to bear, like u arent alone. Also if u are rlly struggling seek some professional advise, it doesnt make u weak or anything to seek mental health help, on the contrary it makes u stronger and will be better for u in the long run. I hope this helped. :smile:
Reply 2
You can get support and there is a lot of support out there such as:

-The Samaritans, you can call 116 123, which is available 24 hours a day

-Mind, 0300 123 3393

-Saneline, 0300 304 7000, from 4.30pm-10.30pm

-The mix, 0800 808 4994, 11am-11pm

-SHOUT, text 852258, 24 hour text service

-Crises, 741741, text service

-Papyrus, 0800 068 4141, if you have thoughts of suicide or in emotional distress

-Rethink mental health, 0300 5000 927

-No Panic, 0800 138 8889

-relate, they have a chat advisor

There is the mind forum

Also Facebook groups

You can join support groups

You can contact a crises team if things get very bad

Plenty of resources online, information regarding well being

Do you have any ambitions, hobbies, aspirations etc?

Quick Reply

Latest