The Student Room Group

Want to be productive

I want to be productive this summer and learn something. Any recommendations to start getting into new interests?
Original post by Amess68
I want to be productive this summer and learn something. Any recommendations to start getting into new interests?

Oh where to begin...

Do you have some vague ideas on what you're specifically looking for? I could give you an almost endless list of sites to go to learn pretty much anything.
If you don't know what you want to look into, then I suggest you look through your bucket list and see what your interests are.
On an interesting note, do you intend to pursue these interests as a profession? If so, would you consider professional certifications? This may cut down the number of courses that you would need to look through.

Do note, some of the courses or material will require you to be at least 16 or 18. I would not point you to a course on mixology say, if you're under 18.

If you want to learn something random, you could always browse around on YouTube.

If you can be more specific, I would be able to provide you with suggestions.
Original post by Amess68

I'd recommend learning a new language. That's what I'm trying to do this summer. It isn't even that hard to learn the basics. You can even learn for about 15 minutes a day and it's still going to be effective. Another thing you could do is learn a new skill like a handstand. You could also learn to bake something, it's really nice to eat something you baked yourself.
Original post by Amess68

I used Skillshare over the lockdowns to learn some new creative techniques and just loved some of the videos on there.

There's literally courses for everything and I believe you can apply for a student discounted rate, may be worth exploring to keep you busy over the summer!

Jenny - a rep from Arts University Plymouth.

Quick Reply

Latest