The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Can i defer uni (med school) for a couple months

Can I defer an entry to uk to wait for Italy results

Hi, I’m applying for med school next academic year to both the uk and 1 from italy. I get my results next august (and on that day you enroll in uk med school obvs) however i would be taking the IMAT in September (maybe October, who knows) and getting my resulte shortly after. I want to go to Italy over uk if i get into italy… but obviously I will get my uk acceptance first and I don’t want to take a gamble by rejecting uk for italy and then ending up getting rejected from italy if I don’t rank top 40 in IMAT for the uni. Can I accept and defer uk uni for a month or so? How would this work
No. They’ll be one intake in the UK in late September/early October and if you don’t enrol in time they’ll just assume you won’t be joining them and withdraw the place. You’d also need to have your CAS, visa, travel and accommodation sorted in time to join the course. You can’t just rock up in November/December.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
It's highly unlikely you'd be able to defer for a couple of months, particularly if it means you might not even take the place. You could possibly defer the UK place for a year, then not take it if you get the Italy place.

Quick Reply

Latest