The Student Room Group

seeing pretty boys makes me feel depressed

Hi,
Whenever I see good looking men in shows/ tik tok etc I feel so miserable. I think it’s because I’m very mediocre looking at best and I know i’ll never be able to pull someone like that ever in my life and it just makes me so sad. It makes me feel bad about myself because I can’t change how I look and that’s just how life is. Before seeing these good looking people I wouldn’t really think this way. This happens way more often than i’d like to admit. I wish I could just appreciate their beauty and move on but I can’t seem to do that.

Any advice?

Thank you.
Reply 1
maybe just close the app. it will help your mental well-being. the right person will come along and it may suprise you..

for now i reccomend closing the app, you will feel better about yourself
Reply 2
Original post by jellymilk
Hi,
Whenever I see good looking men in shows/ tik tok etc I feel so miserable. I think it’s because I’m very mediocre looking at best and I know i’ll never be able to pull someone like that ever in my life and it just makes me so sad. It makes me feel bad about myself because I can’t change how I look and that’s just how life is. Before seeing these good looking people I wouldn’t really think this way. This happens way more often than i’d like to admit. I wish I could just appreciate their beauty and move on but I can’t seem to do that.

Any advice?

Thank you.

Hi!

First of all, force yourself to change your mentality and tell yourself that you're the best-looking person who exists on the planet. If you don't appreciate yourself enough, no one will do it for you. Secondly, when you've someone special or the right person in your life, think that they're the best thing that can happen to you. Otherwise, you'll always find flaws in yourself and others except for celebrities. Also, remember no one is perfect. So, make sure to do that in order to find good in everything.

Hope this helps a bit. Good luck! :smile:
No advice but don't worry, I'll stay out of your sight :borat:
Everyone is beautiful in their own unique way. Remember that looks are temporary and that there are far more important things than appearance. Whilst some may seem to surpass you in appearance, they may not do so in other respects (intelligence, kindness etc.). No one is perfect; so don't get too hung up one aspect of them like their appearance..

I recommend taking up self love meditations on YouTube and learning to love yourself and letting go of comparing yourself to others.

Jealousy is not always a bad thing; it can show you what you desire. What do you admire about these people? Is it their style or certain things about their appearance. Can you take inspiration from that an embody those characteristics; whilst embracing your unique characteristics. Is there anything you can do to change your appearance? .

I used to be bullied for my appearance a lot when I was younger; when I was older I had a major glow up and started attracting major admirers; to the point that I have been stopped in public to be told how beautiful I was. It is always possible to glow up, whilst simply enhancing and embracing your unique features. I only changed for myself and to step into my best most confident self.

I recommend experimenting with your style, going shopping and setting goals on how you can enhance you beauty. You can spend on makeup, skincare, jewellery, clothes, haircare etc. You may also start working out and eating healthily if it is your body you are insecure of; though such also has immense mental impact and can also boost your esteem.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by jellymilk
Hi,

Any advice?

Thank you.

I always like to think that the face I have is created by generations of people falling in love or at least finding someone attractive. It always makes me feel more appreciative of myself: that I am a combination of my parents, my grandparents etc and I would never call them anything other than beautiful- so why cant I be too?

I hope this helps a little :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest