The Student Room Group

Enquiry regarding ATAS

Hi everyone,

I am coming to UK for postdoc this year. My effective date of contact is 1st August and I applied ATAS on 21st July. In this case i will have an ATAS clearance after the start date, in this case can i apply for visa or i need to change my start date in the offer letter or in ATAS or in Both?
Do i need new ATAS?
Original post by hannanahmadkhan
Hi everyone,

I am coming to UK for postdoc this year. My effective date of contact is 1st August and I applied ATAS on 21st July. In this case i will have an ATAS clearance after the start date, in this case can i apply for visa or i need to change my start date in the offer letter or in ATAS or in Both?
Do i need new ATAS?

Contract effective date not a start date and i mentioned contract effective date as a project start date in ATAS.
Original post by hannanahmadkhan
Hi everyone,

Do i need new ATAS?

You are not gonna get ATAS before 30 working days
I need your advice and help regarding ATAS. According to conditional offer of employment the effective date of contract is 1 August 2023. I submitted my ATAS form on 21 July and mentioned 1 August as the start date. According to the present condition I will have my ATAS clearance after the start date. In this condition do I need a new ATAS clearance for a visa? or is there any condition that the employee needs to be in the UK within 28 days of contract start date ? or I can come to the UK in September with the same ATAS and the same date of start because I will have my ATAS and visa in September, tentatively.
ATAS is valid for 6 months
Reply 5
Did you get your ATAs yet, if so when did u get. I crossed 4 months and still no luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending