The Student Room Group

Starting for Year 11

How do I organise my desktop for the start of the academic year? Currently I have subject folders but not much is in them.. am I better off waiting until we are given the subject criteria? Let me know.
Original post by DylanS08
How do I organise my desktop for the start of the academic year? Currently I have subject folders but not much is in them.. am I better off waiting until we are given the subject criteria? Let me know.

It would depend on how they would be teaching you as well as how you would revise.

Personally, I would want to do as many past papers for my chose subjects as I can, so I would have designated folders for:

Coursework (as well as the research for it)

Past papers and mark scheme

Resources for study material or research throughout your course

I would have a folder for each subject, where there would be a sub folder for achived material (stuff you don't need to keep refering to).

Once you're done with your GCSEs, I would put all of your active folders into a GCSE folder. Whether you then want to bring everything out of the archive folder into the subjects' respective folders, then delete the archive folder is up to you. I found this system worked for me, but I think when it comes to organisation, it's down to personal preference.
Reply 2
Perfect, thank you!
Original post by MindMax2000
It would depend on how they would be teaching you as well as how you would revise.

Personally, I would want to do as many past papers for my chose subjects as I can, so I would have designated folders for:

Coursework (as well as the research for it)

Past papers and mark scheme

Resources for study material or research throughout your course

I would have a folder for each subject, where there would be a sub folder for achived material (stuff you don't need to keep refering to).

Once you're done with your GCSEs, I would put all of your active folders into a GCSE folder. Whether you then want to bring everything out of the archive folder into the subjects' respective folders, then delete the archive folder is up to you. I found this system worked for me, but I think when it comes to organisation, it's down to personal preference.

Quick Reply

Latest