The Student Room Group

The latymer school alevel help

Hi so I'm applying to a few schools for alevels and my predicted in the subjects I want to do is decent
History-7

I wanted to do government and politics but idk what gcses I need for that
Art-7[which I'll drop in yr13]
And lit
The only problem is that I'm predicted a 6 in lit[a 7 in lang]but literature is the subject I wanted the most.
The application closes around my November mocks
But will my November mocks change anything????or should I not bother?
Original post by dianaemerald03
Hi so I'm applying to a few schools for alevels and my predicted in the subjects I want to do is decent
History-7

I wanted to do government and politics but idk what gcses I need for that
Art-7[which I'll drop in yr13]
And lit
The only problem is that I'm predicted a 6 in lit[a 7 in lang]but literature is the subject I wanted the most.
The application closes around my November mocks
But will my November mocks change anything????or should I not bother?

What do the schools that you're applying to ask for? If you meet the requirements with those predicted grades then of course you should apply regardless of November.

I'd say it's still worth applying even if you don't quite meet the requirements because they could still consider your application. Is there an opportunity to visit the schools you're interested in and maybe ask a few questions at an open day? They might also help you with what you need for government and politics.
Original post by brainzistheword
What do the schools that you're applying to ask for? If you meet the requirements with those predicted grades then of course you should apply regardless of November.

I'd say it's still worth applying even if you don't quite meet the requirements because they could still consider your application. Is there an opportunity to visit the schools you're interested in and maybe ask a few questions at an open day? They might also help you with what you need for government and politics.

Thank you and what I meant is that will November mocks make a diffrence?like if I get my predicted grades higher will the sixth forms look at my new predicted or would it have been too late
Original post by dianaemerald03
Thank you and what I meant is that will November mocks make a diffrence?like if I get my predicted grades higher will the sixth forms look at my new predicted or would it have been too late

I think you're best speaking directly with the schools you're interested in. They might have different ways to deal with mocks and predicted grades e.g. reviewing cases on a case-by-case basis if you miss/exceed your required grades.

Quick Reply

Latest