The Student Room Group

Sixth form stationary

Im starting A levels in a month and i bought 3 box files for each subject and 3 A4 pukka pad notebooks with dividers and now im a little worried the notebooks wont be useful as a lot of people are using folders and refill pads. Do you think this will be okay for note taking? Also im doing economics, environmental science and law, will i need to buy square paper for the first 2 subjects? Thank you
Original post by Yellowcatz
Im starting A levels in a month and i bought 3 box files for each subject and 3 A4 pukka pad notebooks with dividers and now im a little worried the notebooks wont be useful as a lot of people are using folders and refill pads. Do you think this will be okay for note taking? Also im doing economics, environmental science and law, will i need to buy square paper for the first 2 subjects? Thank you

Hey there!

One of the best parts of sixth form is finding out how you work best! For some people that will be refill pads and binders, others use notebooks etc. The main thing is making sure you have a personal system in place to stay organised as this is key with the amount of work in each subject. So I'd say use the notebooks and box files initially and if it doesn't appear to work, you can always adapt your system later on.

Hope that helps a bit,
Kat
Original post by Yellowcatz

Hi @Yellowcatz,

Sounds like you're prepared! I think starting off with what you have is the best way to approach sixth form, you'll find out how you work best and then you can either add to your stationary kit or you might even reduce some of the items you use. I would suggest keeping the note pads and then taking the pages out you wish to keep to revise and organise them into your own files at home. Perhaps get some plastic wallets fro your notes instead of having to carry around big binders! This way your papers won't crinkle or crease until you get home. With each lesson you attend you will most likely be advised what you'll need for your different courses so, maybe ask these questions during your introduction days!

Wishing you all the best,
Ellie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending