The Student Room Group

HTML Website EPQ

For my EPQ I wanna create a website using HTML (because my sibling has experience in it so I'll be able to ask them). However I am unsure whether I should use HTML because apparently unis don't focus on learning html (or so I am told).

I am also confused on how I should present it: do I transfer my code to a USB stick and give it to my teacher, or do I do something else.
Reply 1
Original post by asquerop
For my EPQ I wanna create a website using HTML (because my sibling has experience in it so I'll be able to ask them). However I am unsure whether I should use HTML because apparently unis don't focus on learning html (or so I am told).

I am also confused on how I should present it: do I transfer my code to a USB stick and give it to my teacher, or do I do something else.

Creating a website using HTML for your EPQ (Extended Project Qualification) is a great idea, especially if you have someone experienced in HTML to support you. While it's true that many university courses might not focus specifically on teaching HTML, having some basic knowledge of web development can still be valuable in various fields. Additionally, undertaking a project like this demonstrates initiative, creativity, and the ability to apply technical skills, all of which can be assets in university applications and beyond.

When it comes to presenting your website for your EPQ, there are a few options you can consider:

Hosting the website online: One way to present your project is to host the website online. You can use free web hosting services that allow you to upload your HTML, CSS, and JavaScript files to make your website accessible through a URL. This way, your teacher and others can access and view your website without needing a USB stick.

Before deciding on the presentation method, it's essential to check with your EPQ supervisor or teacher to see if they have any specific requirements or preferences. They can guide you on the best way to present your website for assessment.

Remember, the primary focus of your EPQ is the content and quality of your project rather than the specific technology you used. The ability to plan, execute, and present your project effectively is what matters most. Good luck with your EPQ, and I hope your website project turns out to be a success!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending