The Student Room Group

How to get an A/A* in the AQA EPQ

I was just wondering whether any students who have completed their EPQ and got an A/A* would be able to tell me what their EPQ was about and how they got that grade. I would love to read a few if you guys don't mind.
Thank you
Make your production log very detailed, show how much you’ve improved to the examiners. Make sure they read about how you’ve learnt a lot while doing the EPQ, eg stuff like time management, organisation skills and evaluative skills, etc. As for the actual essay, structure it well, and if possible really try to make it an argument with 2 sides, as it shouldn’t be too much like a study, instead it should be more like argument (IF POSSIBLE!)
Reply 2
Original post by danialm07
Make your production log very detailed, show how much you’ve improved to the examiners. Make sure they read about how you’ve learnt a lot while doing the EPQ, eg stuff like time management, organisation skills and evaluative skills, etc. As for the actual essay, structure it well, and if possible really try to make it an argument with 2 sides, as it shouldn’t be too much like a study, instead it should be more like argument (IF POSSIBLE!)
Thank you for your quick reply,
I'm struggling on what to pick as a topic for my epq (which is starting to stress me out) and love to hypothesise about things. Can I research into a hypothetical idea. For example, I want to do my epq on something brain/parasite related and read about how a certain type of parasite has adapted to control insect hosts by making the insect kill themselves in order for the parasite to live. Could I talk about the effects if the parasite could translate this behaviour into human hosts and the possibility of doing so or is that far too broad?
sorry for the long question
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Amil3ah007
Thank you for your quick reply,
I'm struggling on what to pick as a topic for my epq (which is starting to stress me out) and love to hypothesise about things. Can I research into a hypothetical idea. For example, I want to do my epq on something brain/parasite related and read about how a certain type of parasite has adapted to control insect hosts by making the insect kill themselves in order for the parasite to live. Could I talk about the effects if the parasite could translate this behaviour into human hosts and the possibility of doing so or is that far too broad?
sorry for the long question
Np, but because the topic you want do is really specific, and it's hypothetical, you should probably ask your EPQ supervisor that. Also, because your topic sounds pretty unheard of, you're likely to find it difficult to find sources and articles relating to such a topic. If I gave a personal view, then I would probably steer away from a topic that will be hard to write an essay about, and also evaluate. Definitely ask your supervisor because it sounds rlly interesting, or simply change your topic as you haven't already started it yet, so you have lots of options based on your interests!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending