The Student Room Group

Epq on Palestine

I need somewhat help my title is “Gaza 2024- how did we get here”, ik what I want to cover such as the history of both Palestine and Israel (I am pro Palestinian) and I’m really invested in it but I’m not sure how to structure the essay or just really anything else I’ve got my resources but I’m not sure of anything else
Reply 1
Original post by nahinahi
I need somewhat help my title is “Gaza 2024- how did we get here”, ik what I want to cover such as the history of both Palestine and Israel (I am pro Palestinian) and I’m really invested in it but I’m not sure how to structure the essay or just really anything else I’ve got my resources but I’m not sure of anything else

Way too broad of a question. You can’t cover the whole reasoning of how this conflict started. Most books don’t even cover the whole history. Make it more specific. Also don’t write it from a biased perspective. You being pro-Palestinian must not affect your dissertation or research. Research both sides and write about both before coming to a conclusion.
Reply 2
an epq on the history of palestine would score low for analytical writing. the skill of an epq is to reconstruct a two-sided debate from the facts and try and decide which side is right (obviously not black and white)

ideas off the top of my head (not thoroughly considered) to give you some idea on what a good question might look like:

was the rise of hamas the result of intervention from ___?

how has palestine's treament from the international community affected its political landscape?

the person marking your epq does not care that are pro palestine (and the extent that it informs your research topic should not be dubious)
Reply 3
Original post by HoldThisL
an epq on the history of palestine would score low for analytical writing. the skill of an epq is to reconstruct a two-sided debate from the facts and try and decide which side is right (obviously not black and white)

ideas off the top of my head (not thoroughly considered) to give you some idea on what a good question might look like:

was the rise of hamas the result of intervention from ___?

how has palestine's treament from the international community affected its political landscape?

the person marking your epq does not care that are pro palestine (and the extent that it informs your research topic should not be dubious)

Ohh that makes sense thank you, I wrote pro Palestine because I didn’t want anyone getting a wrong image on my work or even me especially in class during presentation and tbh I did want to write it from two different perspective, I wanted to write about Palestine as it’s something going on even now and something i think i can write about a lot well that’s what my teacher agreed with as well as the title was given by them, my original title was something like is todays continuous war due to Hamas and I wanted to cover where and why Israel came into existence, religious perspective in this and political response to it but now I’m not sure if I should write about it
Reply 4
Original post by aarank
Way too broad of a question. You can’t cover the whole reasoning of how this conflict started. Most books don’t even cover the whole history. Make it more specific. Also don’t write it from a biased perspective. You being pro-Palestinian must not affect your dissertation or research. Research both sides and write about both before coming to a conclusion.

fair enough about the history as I’ve tried researching and there is a lot of information how it even begun from way way back then, ofc I’m aware I shouldn’t make this heavily pro Palestine but to write from both sides but what I’ve realised I haven’t found trustable resources on the Israel perspective like for Palestine there’s the guardian and al jeezera. But overall do you have any ideas what I should write about specifically because I can’t seem to get my head around it
Reply 5
Original post by nahinahi
Ohh that makes sense thank you, I wrote pro Palestine because I didn’t want anyone getting a wrong image on my work or even me especially in class during presentation and tbh I did want to write it from two different perspective, I wanted to write about Palestine as it’s something going on even now and something i think i can write about a lot well that’s what my teacher agreed with as well as the title was given by them, my original title was something like is todays continuous war due to Hamas and I wanted to cover where and why Israel came into existence, religious perspective in this and political response to it but now I’m not sure if I should write about it

you should write about an investigatable issue. pick a starting point that's small within an area that interests you, rather than trying to make the whole area your question just because you like the broader religion/culture/politics/history
Reply 6
Hi, I am doing my EPQ on healthcare in Palestine. Good look with your EPQ !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending