The Student Room Group

Chances of getting into UCL/KCL

I feel like an idiot to be asking this, but it has been an utmost dream of mine to attend one of the unis I mentioned above, particularly to study international relations, but I do have an issue.
My qualifications are a btec national diploma in applied science where I got DD (AA), whilst I achieved BB in my two other a levels, bearing in mind I was 1-3 marks off an A in both subjects, so now I’m absolutely lost, I’ve been really down just thinking that I don’t stand a chance now because of 1. My mix of qualifications
2. My A level grades ;/
I wanted to ask anyone if there’s any other courses I could potentially apply for at those unis or if I even stand a chance at all, much appreciated.
You seem to be below the entry requirements for Kings and there is no such course at UCL. The only way to find out is to email then, I suspect there will be many very good universities outside London who will make you offers but you need to contact them due t the mix of qualifications. Most will accept a mix of BTEC and A levels.
Original post by swanseajack1

You seem to be below the entry requirements for Kings and there is no such course at UCL. The only way to find out is to email then, I suspect there will be many very good universities outside London who will make you offers but you need to contact them due t the mix of qualifications. Most will accept a mix of BTEC and A levels. Birmingham are asking for AAB as an example and accept BTECs
You seem to be below the entry requirements for Kings and there is no such course at UCL. The only way to find out is to email then, I suspect there will be many very good universities outside London who will make you offers but you need to contact them due t the mix of qualifications. Most will accept a mix of BTEC and A levels. Birmingham are asking for AAB as an example and accept BTECs

You could also try places such as Exeter, Lancaster, Leeds, Liverpool Loughborough, Queen Mary, Southampton and York who are at or just above your grades but you will need to email each to ensure they accept a mix of grades
Reply 4

Thanks for the reply Jack! Yeah the course at UCL is a little different- BSc international relations and politics I believe? Entry req is AAA
Reply 5
Original post by raininq
Thanks for the reply Jack! Yeah the course at UCL is a little different- BSc international relations and politics I believe? Entry req is AAA

I'm wondering why you did a science BTEC if you were actually interested in Politics.

And btw, 'International Relations' is just another term for 'International Politics'.
Reply 6
Original post by McGinger
I'm wondering why you did a science BTEC if you were actually interested in Politics.

And btw, 'International Relations' is just another term for 'International Politics'.

Honestly I chose my subjects at an age where I didn’t know what I wanted to pursue in uni, I studied sociology and psychology as a levels though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending