The Student Room Group

Which exam board should I use? Edexcel or AQA

Hi,I'm about to start my A-Levels privately, and I'm not sure which exam board I should use for each of these exams. I'm about to study Accounting, Business, Economics, Maths, and Further Maths (spread over a few years).

I was wondering if there was a preference in which to choose, whether it be because of the course content, or universities' preference. I'm hoping to study mathematics with finance at York. Any adviceas to which exam board for either of these subjects will be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Original post by bethed
Hi,I'm about to start my A-Levels privately, and I'm not sure which exam board I should use for each of these exams. I'm about to study Accounting, Business, Economics, Maths, and Further Maths (spread over a few years).

I was wondering if there was a preference in which to choose, whether it be because of the course content, or universities' preference. I'm hoping to study mathematics with finance at York. Any adviceas to which exam board for either of these subjects will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Universities have no preference. Download the specifications for each, and take a look at some past papers. See which you prefer.

Note that you don't need to stick with one exam board for all your subjects (although you may find it more convenient to do so).
Reply 2
Original post by bethed

Don't do 5 - it's pointless doing BS and Economics as there is too much overlap. Many schools don't allow both to be taken.

For Maths and FMaths I'd recommend Edexcel as there are so many good resources such as:
Maths https://www.drfrostmaths.com/courses.php?coid=29
FMaths https://www.drfrostmaths.com/courses.php?coid=352
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest