The Student Room Group

Overthinking about silly things

Hey all so I was washing up the dishes and I touched the sink obviously and then when I finished I drank water from a bottle but my hands touched the bit where you drink from before and I was like oh damn! I’m not sure but I’m certain that the sink was sprayed with bleach and now I’m overthinking. This was around an hour ago by the way and I felt a bit nauseous I still do but maybe it’s because of all my worrying. I don’t know but it’s a horrible recurring feeling 😣
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hey all so I was washing up the dishes and I touched the sink obviously and then when I finished I drank water from a bottle but my hands touched the bit where you drink from before and I was like oh damn! I’m not sure but I’m certain that the sink was sprayed with bleach and now I’m overthinking. This was around an hour ago by the way and I felt a bit nauseous I still do but maybe it’s because of all my worrying. I don’t know but it’s a horrible recurring feeling 😣

Adding on if the sink was sprayed with bleach then it was probably in the day before 2pm as I was downstairs then
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

Do you worry like this about lots of different things? Are there any themes across the things that you worry about?

Thoughts like these are typical of different anxiety problems. If you are finding this overthinking is causing you distress or impacting your life in a negative way, talking therapy could be helpful. It may be worth speaking to your GP if it is causing you problems.

Quick Reply

Latest