The Student Room Group

When will my acne go away?

So a year ago I had bad acne where I was prescribed epiduo and lymecycline which took a while to work, and I kept the exact same skincare routine for the whole time, however recently it stopped working as well and I got my prescription upped to the higher conc of adapalene in epiduo forte, and a change in antibiotic to doxycycline as I developed resistance to lymecycline. The last prescription I had was very effective however this new change in medication has got me worried as I have started to break out a lot - I'm on day 18 of this and I know its still early days but I was wondering if anyone's going through the same thing as me?
Used to use Epiduo in my teens and although it was effective, it made my face tight, dry and gave off a burning sensation.

Then I switched to water. Started drinking water exclusively and any and all blemishes I had cleared up.
Reply 2
Original post by sjwhiten06
So a year ago I had bad acne where I was prescribed epiduo and lymecycline which took a while to work, and I kept the exact same skincare routine for the whole time, however recently it stopped working as well and I got my prescription upped to the higher conc of adapalene in epiduo forte, and a change in antibiotic to doxycycline as I developed resistance to lymecycline. The last prescription I had was very effective however this new change in medication has got me worried as I have started to break out a lot - I'm on day 18 of this and I know its still early days but I was wondering if anyone's going through the same thing as me?

it wont.
Reply 3
Acne is the most common problem specially for teenagers, but mostly it goes away after the age of 25 but for some people at the age of 40 still have acne problem ..
Original post by elixirhtc
Acne is the most common problem specially for teenagers, but mostly it goes awayy after the age of 25 but for some people at the age of 40 still have acne problem ..

Do you know if I start epiduo again
will I purge again?
stopped it 3 months ago since I ran out
Reply 5
Original post by daniectrl
it wont.

why not
Reply 6
In the event that a treatment works for you, you ought to see an improvement in 4 to about a month and a half. It can require a few months or longer to see clearing. Assuming you notice improvement, continue to utilize the treatment. In any event, when you see clearing, you'll need to continue to utilize the skin break out treatment.
Original post by elixirhtc
In the event that a treatment works for you, you ought to see an improvement in 4 to about a month and a half. It can require a few months or longer to see clearing. Assuming you notice improvement, continue to utilize the treatment. In any event, when you see clearing, you'll need to continue to utilize the skin break out treatment.

Do you know if I start epiduo again
will I purge again?
stopped it 3 months ago since I ran out

Quick Reply

Latest