The Student Room Group

Investment banking university

I’m trying to break into investment banking by doing MSc finance. Should I study at Queen Mary London or Birmingham ? Does being in London matter a lot ?
Original post by OMANANTH
I’m trying to break into investment banking by doing MSc finance. Should I study at Queen Mary London or Birmingham ? Does being in London matter a lot ?
Being in London isn't particularly important. What's more important is how much investment banking internship experience you already have, and the quality of the universities you attend. London investment banks hire relatively few candidates from master's degrees, and those that do get in tend to come from the very top unis instead of places like QMUL & Birmingham.
Reply 2
Original post by BenRyan99
Being in London isn't particularly important. What's more important is how much investment banking internship experience you already have, and the quality of the universities you attend. London investment banks hire relatively few candidates from master's degrees, and those that do get in tend to come from the very top unis instead of places like QMUL & Birmingham.
Thanks, so where do you suggest I do my masters in finance , because I can’t get into
Tier 1 universities

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending