The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Ask a UCLan student - AMA

Hey everyone!

Welcome to the official Ask a UCLan student thread where our student ambassadors are here to answer whatever questions you have about the University of Central Lancashire. 🌹

Whether you are wanting to know more about student life or learn what accommodation is available students, this AMA thread is a great place to discover more.

Ask away and we look forward to hearing from you! 👋
Hi everyone!

I'm one of the current 4th Year MBBS students here at UCLan!If you have any questions about life at UCLan, the medicine degree or any general university questions, I'm happy to help!

-Rebecca, UCLan 🙂
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Hello!

I'm one of the final year medics also at UCLan. I am an international student originally from Lebanon. Feel free to ask me any questions about what its like moving to the UK as an international student, life as a medic, or anything else 😀

Looking forward to speak with you!

Haya - MBBS 5
Reply 3
Did you live in university-owned or private accommodation in your first year? :smile:
Original post by UCLan Ambassador
Hey everyone!

Welcome to the official Ask a UCLan student thread where our student ambassadors are here to answer whatever questions you have about the University of Central Lancashire. 🌹

Whether you are wanting to know more about student life or learn what accommodation is available students, this AMA thread is a great place to discover more.

Hi, I’ve applied for the MSc Applied Clinical Psychology course and I was just wondering what a typical full time timetable would look like? On the website it says that teaching days are on Tuesdays but would be helpful to know in advance what a typical week would look like!
Original post by Oliviaashton
Hi, I’ve applied for the MSc Applied Clinical Psychology course and I was just wondering what a typical full time timetable would look like? On the website it says that teaching days are on Tuesdays but would be helpful to know in advance what a typical week would look like!

Hi @Oliviaashton, 😊

It's great to hear that you have applied for our MSc Applied Clinical Psychology course! 🌹

Thanks for your question, I will speak to the academics who run this course and come back to you as soon as I have some information about the course structure.

Many thanks,
Sarah
Original post by kidscove
Did you live in university-owned or private accommodation in your first year? :smile:

Hi there,

During first year, many students choose to live in university owned accommodation as this means that you can mix with people from all different courses and meet lots of new people!

Living in university halls also means that you benefit from having our 24hr security onsite (incase you lock yourself out). Our accommodation is also based on campus so that you're never more than a 10 minute walk away from where your lectures may be held!

If you have any other questions, let me know!
-Rebecca, UCLan
Reply 7
Original post by UCLan Student
Hi everyone!

I'm one of the current 4th Year MBBS students here at UCLan!If you have any questions about life at UCLan, the medicine degree or any general university questions, I'm happy to help!

-Rebecca, UCLan 🙂

Hey did uclan take long to offer you an interview because I applied for dental therapy & sent my application 3 weeks ago but have heard no reply yet .
Hi! I have an interview for the MSc Speech and Language Therapy! I hope I get on to the course. However, the interview is in May and I feel that this is close to when the course starts! When does the course - early/mid/late September? When can I apply to student finance England? Thank you.
Original post by M_05
Hey did uclan take long to offer you an interview because I applied for dental therapy & sent my application 3 weeks ago but have heard no reply yet .

Hi @M_05,

Thank you for you message. 😊

It's great to see that you have applied for our BSc (Hons) Dental Therapy course. Our admissions team are working hard to process applications currently. Please be assured that the team will be in touch as soon as possible with an update. If you do have any further questions about your application please feel free to send us a direct message through any of our social media channels which can be found here and I'd be happy to help.

Within your message please could you include the following information:

Full name

Course name

Date they submitted their application

DOB

Email address

Many thanks,
Sarah
Original post by UCLan Ambassador
Hey everyone!

Hi! I applied to the Physiotherapy MSc Programme and I was wondering what the breaks are like. I understand that because it is an accelerated 2 year program that holiday/break time would be less than the BSc programme, but I was wondering if we do have any break time/how long are they?

Does it depend on placements?
How many days is our Christmas break? Do we have a summer break?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi! I applied to the Physiotherapy MSc Programme and I was wondering what the breaks are like. I understand that because it is an accelerated 2 year program that holiday/break time would be less than the BSc programme, but I was wondering if we do have any break time/how long are they?

Does it depend on placements?
How many days is our Christmas break? Do we have a summer break?

Hi Anon, 👋

Amazing to hear that you are looking to study MSc Physiotherapy here at UCLan. 🌹

To help with your questions, let me speak to one of our course tutors to get a better incite of the type of structure this course follows. I will let you know as soon as I have more information.

You can also view our key dates page here, where you’ll find the academic calendar for 2023/24, term dates and all other key dates for UCLan.

Best wishes, 😊
Sarah
Original post by 0rangejuicee
Hi! I have an interview for the MSc Speech and Language Therapy! I hope I get on to the course. However, the interview is in May and I feel that this is close to when the course starts! When does the course - early/mid/late September? When can I apply to student finance England? Thank you.

Hi @0rangejuice,

Firstly, congratulations on receiving an interview invite for our MSc Speech and Language Therapy course. This course does begin in September 2024, I'm not aware of the official start date but freshers/welcome week is usually around mid - late September. Please be assured that there is plenty of support and guidance out there on applying for student finance. We offer some really useful guidance on applying for student finance which you can find here. You might also find it useful having a look on the Ask Student Finance England forum here.

If you have any questions, I'd be more than happy to help. 😊

Best of luck for your interview.

Best wishes,
Sarah
Original post by UCLan Student
Hello!
I'm one of the final year medics also at UCLan. I am an international student originally from Lebanon. Feel free to ask me any questions about what its like moving to the UK as an international student, life as a medic, or anything else 😀
Looking forward to speak with you!
Haya - MBBS 5
can I apply with a sports extended certificate and two other a levels that are law and politics for physiotherapy?
Original post by Anonymous #2
can I apply with a sports extended certificate and two other a levels that are law and politics for physiotherapy?
Hi there,

Thank you for your question. For our BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy course, qualifications will need to include Biology/PE modules such as Anatomy & Physiology and Physiology of Fitness.

For the best advice on whether you have the qualifications required for this course, I would recommend you reach out to our admissions team at [email protected] as the team may need to look at the modules you are studying.

Best wishes,
Sarah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending