The Student Room Group

UCAT Advice

Hi, I'm currently studying for my UCAT which is in 5 days, but I'm thinking of rescheduling. I'm aiming for at least 2800 as I'm applying to medicine this year, which I achieve in mocks sometimes, but it's not consistent. My score ranges from around 2500 to 2800. The problem is, if I reschedule, I'll have to study for it on top of school, and I'm doing Advanced Highers this year so it's not ideal :/. Should I reschedule or just sit it and get it out of the way? Any help would be much appreciated! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by LiannaO
Hi, I'm currently studying for my UCAT which is in 5 days, but I'm thinking of rescheduling. I'm aiming for at least 2800 as I'm applying to medicine this year, which I achieve in mocks sometimes, but it's not consistent. My score ranges from around 2500 to 2800. The problem is, if I reschedule, I'll have to study for it on top of school, and I'm doing Advanced Highers this year so it's not ideal :/. Should I reschedule or just sit it and get it out of the way? Any help would be much appreciated! :smile:

I guess it's important to be confident when your sitting it as this will really help your score, if your thinking about rescheduling might be worth doing so but also even if you reschedule it you will never feel 100% confident because its the UCAT and you cant ever be 100% prepared. Could you not reschedule for a few weeks time that way its done before school and you still have more time to revise?
Reply 2
I return to school on the 16th of August so unfortunately the 15th was the latest date that I could schedule it for, but usually during the first 2 weeks or so we don't really do any intensive studying, so I might just reschedule it for sometime within the next 2 weeks. Thanks for the advice!
Reply 3
Ahh sorry that completely makes sense. You'll be fine you've obviously worked hard up to this point so you should be proud of what you've done! Just remember to take days off too especially if you school you don't wanna be burnt out before the test. Good luck for the exam!
Reply 4
Thank you so much!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending