The Student Room Group

Ucat fiasco

Guys I failed the Ucat (got less than average), absolutely heartbroken and completely lost- my computer crashed and I lost 5 minutes. I got told to tell Pearson that my 'train of thought got disrupted' due to having to move computers. Does anyone have any advice?
Original post by Idk131
Guys I failed the Ucat (got less than average), absolutely heartbroken and completely lost- my computer crashed and I lost 5 minutes. I got told to tell Pearson that my 'train of thought got disrupted' due to having to move computers. Does anyone have any advice?

it's a bummer that your ucat didn't go as well as you wanted it ( btw less than average might not mean you're completely doomed)! post your stats on the megathread.

As for the incident, i looked on the ucat website and it looks like your situation fits the criteria for ucat incident investigation. Read this and follow the instructions. i hope everything goes well!

https://www.ucat.ac.uk/sit/test-incident/
Reply 2
Original post by h4nn4
it's a bummer that your ucat didn't go as well as you wanted it ( btw less than average might not mean you're completely doomed)! post your stats on the megathread.

As for the incident, i looked on the ucat website and it looks like your situation fits the criteria for ucat incident investigation. Read this and follow the instructions. i hope everything goes well!

https://www.ucat.ac.uk/sit/test-incident/

Thanks for your advice, but I am doomed as I got ABB in Psych, Bio, Maths (and A* in EPQ)
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by Idk131
Thanks for your advice, but I am doomed as I got ABB in Psych, Bio, Maths (and A* in EPQ)

have you thought about applying for med with a foundation/gateway year. They also typically have lower ucat threshold which might work in your favour.

have a look at hyms with a gateway year and plymouth with a foundation year. apparently plymouth don't need ucat if you're applying for med with a foundation year
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by h4nn4
have you thought about applying for med with a foundation/gateway year. They also typically have lower ucat threshold which might work in your favour.

have a look at hyms with a gateway year and plymouth with a foundation year. apparently plymouth don't need ucat if you're applying for med with a foundation year

Yes I have, I am applying for Plymouth foundation but don't meet the requirements for hyms. Thanks for your help :smile:
Reply 5
Also I have submitted an online incident form, should I also call customer services with my incident number?
Original post by Idk131
Also I have submitted an online incident form, should I also call customer services with my incident number?

they reply within 5 business days. only call customer service if you haven't heard anything by the time the 5 days are over
Reply 7
Original post by h4nn4
they reply within 5 business days. only call customer service if you haven't heard anything by the time the 5 days are over

Ok thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending