The Student Room Group

Career advice?

Hi,

Thank you for reading this! I know I should probably seek some professional advice but just wanted to see what people on TSR had to say.

I am a student wondering about my future and what will work the best for me. I am someone who wants to work to help people and to make life better for them. I want to be able to live comfortably but I’m not bothered about being rich by any means and just want to have job satisfaction that will allow me to go home knowing I have done something important.

Would anyone be able to suggest any sort of careers for me? I am really interested in making life better for people and perhaps helping people who have mental health difficulties or those who are less well off. I have a biology degree and love science but would consider non scientific jobs too as I enjoy creativity and problem solving in any form. I am also passionate about the environment but feel my gut and soul are set on healthcare or perhaps some kind of education based job.

Obviously it’s hard to advise me as there’s not a lot of information here but I’d love to hear what your opinions are! My main concern is that I have caring responsibilities as a sister as my sibling is 10 years old and is autistic so I need to be around often to support him so I’m realising that I will need to do something where I have time to do that and for my career to not take up all my time.

Thank you for taking the time to look through this and I’m very grateful for any replies!
perhaps a therapist with flexible hours? (like being a freelancer, but I don't think that's the word...)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending