The Student Room Group

Highers

i am about to start s5 and I would like to get 5 As or 4As and B. Any advice on how to do this? I am going (hopefully maths) English, Chemistry, Biology and History highers.

im in a bit on a sticky situation with maths as I got a D in the exam but I really believe I can do higher. And I know I can.

if anyone could give any advice or help or whatever that would very very appreciated. Thank you so much. ☺️
Reply 1
What's good, I'm also about to start S5 and higher maths is a huge step up from S4 maths in my opinion, calculus is one of the toughest if not the toughest topic you'll cover and I'd recommend buying the Leckie higher maths student textbooks. If not there's tons of things online just like for N5 maths, and going over the topics covered in S4 would help a lot especially straight line, trigonometry and quadratics.
Original post by Idkwhattopick
i am about to start s5 and I would like to get 5 As or 4As and B. Any advice on how to do this? I am going (hopefully maths) English, Chemistry, Biology and History highers.

im in a bit on a sticky situation with maths as I got a D in the exam but I really believe I can do higher. And I know I can.

if anyone could give any advice or help or whatever that would very very appreciated. Thank you so much. ☺️

Have you thought about a tutor can even get an online one

I would personally work on your algebra and trig to prepare for Higher maths
algebra is the basics and is required eg factorisation also alot of stuff in circles and polynomials etc will be usefull for differentiation and integration when dealing with alot of polynomials
also trig for wave functions double angle formula and the identities (which many hate)

sorry if this is worded weirdly if you have any questions just ask here
Original post by cantdomathlikefr
I would personally work on your algebra and trig to prepare for Higher maths
algebra is the basics and is required eg factorisation also alot of stuff in circles and polynomials etc will be usefull for differentiation and integration when dealing with alot of polynomials
also trig for wave functions double angle formula and the identities (which many hate)

sorry if this is worded weirdly if you have any questions just ask here

Hmm okay! I’ll definitely try and get onto that. I understand Nat 5 to Higher is a massive jump but so far my school is allowing me to continue with Higher. I just really hope I don’t regret it 😩
Hmm okay! I’ll definitely try and get onto that. I understand Nat 5 to Higher is a massive jump but so far my school is allowing me to continue with Higher. I just really hope I don’t regret it 😩

Thank you so much also
Original post by DZ007
What's good, I'm also about to start S5 and higher maths is a huge step up from S4 maths in my opinion, calculus is one of the toughest if not the toughest topic you'll cover and I'd recommend buying the Leckie higher maths student textbooks. If not there's tons of things online just like for N5 maths, and going over the topics covered in S4 would help a lot especially straight line, trigonometry and quadratics.

Hiya! Okay thank u so much I’ll definitely try and get a head start on them topics. If there any websites or anything you would recommend? Also can I ask which topics do u think I can get a start now? Preferably simple ones so I can focus on the hard ones in school. Thank you❣️
Hiya! Okay thank u so much I’ll definitely try and get a head start on them topics. If there any websites or anything you would recommend? Also can I ask which topics do u think I can get a start now? Preferably simple ones so I can focus on the hard ones in school. Thank you❣️

https://www.highermathematics.co.uk/higher-maths-whole-course/

complete the webiste and i guarentee you will not get a fail or c
Reply 8

I think corbettmaths does stuff online, I got the Leckie textbooks for Higher maths and it saved my ass haha, highly recommend its around £20 on Amazon and that's really it tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending