The Student Room Group

Gap year and resit advice

I have just received my results and they were very poor. I would like to resit and take the exams independently and take a gap year but i honestly have no clue. if anyone has been in a similar situation please help me.
Original post by user171745
I have just received my results and they were very poor. I would like to resit and take the exams independently and take a gap year but i honestly have no clue. if anyone has been in a similar situation please help me.

Hiya :hugs:
Here to help :heart:

What grades did you receive today?
Are you planning to go to University in the future?

We got this :grouphugs:
Original post by user171745

Hi @user171745

I'm really sorry to hear you were unhappy with your A-level results, but please don't stress, there are definitely still options available to you!

If you'd like to resit your exams, you can either do this with your current school/college or independently. I would suggest talking to your school/college for advice which is most relevant to you and your situation. If you do this independently (i.e. at another school or independent college), there will likely be a fee involved, so this is definitely something worth considering.

Also, please remember there is still the option to go to university this year, even if your grades weren't what you hoped for. I'd definitely encourage you to keep an open mind about clearing. You can use clearing to apply for university courses which still have vacancies, and you could find a course/university which is a really good fit for you :smile:

I wish you the best of luck in whichever path you decide to take & I hope you figure everything out!

Natalie
- University of Kent Student Rep
@russellgyasi made a suggestion of a potential group chat in this thread :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest