The Student Room Group

Is my a levels good?

I wanna know how you feel about my a levels I wanna be a pharmacist always wanted to be one even when I was a child saw my uncle in a lab and said he wants me to be one remember that word it motivated me so was thinking I’m doing chem and bio that’s 💯 also can I do a single diploma with my 2 normal a level chemistry and biology and a single diploma in criminology can I do that and will it count as an a level???
Reply 1
Original post by aryc_30
I wanna know how you feel about my a levels I wanna be a pharmacist always wanted to be one even when I was a child saw my uncle in a lab and said he wants me to be one remember that word it motivated me so was thinking I’m doing chem and bio that’s 💯 also can I do a single diploma with my 2 normal a level chemistry and biology and a single diploma in criminology can I do that and will it count as an a level???

Your A levels should be fine
Reply 2
Btw what uni do you recommend is good studying the course mpharm (pharmacy) like what is the best uni to study the degree in like the top 2 don’t offer it so in that case which uni should I study and recommend and explain why thanksss!

Original post by Norris5729
Your A levels should be fine
Original post by aryc_30
Btw what uni do you recommend is good studying the course mpharm (pharmacy) like what is the best uni to study the degree in like the top 2 don’t offer it so in that case which uni should I study and recommend and explain why thanksss!

If you live in Scotland then I think Robert Gordon in Aberdeen or Aberdeen uni run a good pharmacy course bc a lot of my mates the year above that choose pharmacy went there.
Reply 4
What about if I live in England and can you tell me all the unis in England that have the course mpharm not pharmacology the course I want is mpharm (pharmacy) pls so I can pick like some out of them and try finding which one I like the most and you can gimme some aswell thankss???

Original post by a$ap_pranjol
If you live in Scotland then I think Robert Gordon in Aberdeen or Aberdeen uni run a good pharmacy course bc a lot of my mates the year above that choose pharmacy went there.
Reply 5
I found all Unis in England that provide the degree mpharm (pharmacy):Providers of GPhC-accredited MPharm degrees
Aston University (Birmingham)
University of Bath
University of Birmingham
University of Bradford
University of Brighton
Cardiff University
University of Central Lancashire (Preston)
University College London
De Montfort University (Leicester)
University of East Anglia (Norwich)
University of Hertfordshire (Hatfield)
University of Huddersfield
Keele University
King's College, University of London
Kingston University London
University of Lincoln
Liverpool John Moores University
Medway School of Pharmacy, Universities of Greenwich and Kent
University of Manchester
Newcastle University
University of Nottingham
University of Portsmouth
Queen’s University Belfast
University of Reading
Robert Gordon University (Aberdeen)
University of Strathclyde (Glasgow)
University of Sunderland
Swansea University (provisionally accredited)
Ulster University (Coleraine)
University of Wolverhampton
Which one stands out for me 6 stood out which is ofc bias where I live Manchester which I think will be my first choice and then got another 6 that stood out aswell UCL,Kings College,Uni of Bath,Uni of Nottingham and Uni of Birmingham and Newcastle tell me the best from 1-7 from these options very hard pics there are more let me know what you think mate and what you recommend remember ignore the ones abroad not Scotland or Wales or Ireland in England pls thankss???

Original post by aryc_30
What about if I live in England and can you tell me all the unis in England that have the course mpharm not pharmacology the course I want is mpharm (pharmacy) pls so I can pick like some out of them and try finding which one I like the most and you can gimme some aswell thankss???
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by aryc_30
I found all Unis in England that provide the degree mpharm (pharmacy):Providers of GPhC-accredited MPharm degrees
Aston University (Birmingham)
University of Bath
University of Birmingham
University of Bradford
University of Brighton
Cardiff University
University of Central Lancashire (Preston)
University College London
De Montfort University (Leicester)
University of East Anglia (Norwich)
University of Hertfordshire (Hatfield)
University of Huddersfield
Keele University
King's College, University of London
Kingston University London
University of Lincoln
Liverpool John Moores University
Medway School of Pharmacy, Universities of Greenwich and Kent
University of Manchester
Newcastle University
University of Nottingham
University of Portsmouth
Queen’s University Belfast
University of Reading
Robert Gordon University (Aberdeen)
University of Strathclyde (Glasgow)
University of Sunderland
Swansea University (provisionally accredited)
Ulster University (Coleraine)
University of Wolverhampton
Which one stands out for me 6 stood out which is ofc bias where I live Manchester which I think will be my first choice and then got another 6 that stood out aswell UCL,Kings College,Uni of Bath,Uni of Nottingham and Uni of Birmingham and Newcastle tell me the best from 1-7 from these options very hard pics there are more let me know what you think mate and what you recommend remember ignore the ones abroad not Scotland or Wales or Ireland in England pls thankss???

I'd recommend Kings College,UCL and Manchester. I'm going into law/business myself not anything medical but you'll find that most of the top unis in the UK are really good for most courses-especially the London ones imo.
Reply 7
No i Said rank the 7 unis I recommended not from the ones that have the course rank them from 1-7 (best to worst pls) wanna know your opinions so rank them from 1-7 pls thanksss bc I have to fill in my top 5 unis so what is your top 5 for pharmacy not law thankss and also tell me what your recommend also what uni is most studied for the degree/course mpharm (pharmacy)????

I'd recommend Kings College,UCL and Manchester. I'm going into law/business myself not anything medical but you'll find that most of the top unis in the UK are really good for most courses-especially the London ones imo.
Reply 8
Which do you recommend for me to study mpharm (pharmacy) in and why thanksss and what uni do you go aswell also???

Original post by aryc_30

Just a warning, WJEC Diploma in Criminology doesn't necessarily count as an A-level and a lot of universities will not consider it in a offer.
why not psychology or sociology instead of criminology?
Reply 11
Check Manchester if I can do it pls bc wanna study at UOM

Original post by vapordave
Just a warning, WJEC Diploma in Criminology doesn't necessarily count as an A-level and a lot of universities will not consider it in a offer.
Original post by aryc_30
Check Manchester if I can do it pls bc wanna study at UOM

You'll be able to do this yourself in the entry requirements section of the course page on the UoM website :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest