The Student Room Group

SAAS application mistake

hi, when applying for saas in june, i accidently put my household income in as far more than we make, due to not understanding both the question and how to calculate a yearly income. Me and my family live off of benefits, and i have a single parent, so we only get around £10,000 per year, but i put down around £28,000. Although my tuition fees are being payed, my bursary was rejected, and ill be getting a £6,000 loan instead of £7,000. My accomodation will cost almost £7,000, so im in a bit of a fiddle. As its been a while since ive submitted, will saas change this if i contact them? I will be paying my accomodation fees by semesters, as im still under 18 so thats the only way im able, but wont have enough for the first payment. My stupidity is dawning on me and im beginning to panic, and have no idea how i allowed myself to enter that amount of money. Any and all advice is appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by sh.alice.ol
hi, when applying for saas in june, i accidently put my household income in as far more than we make, due to not understanding both the question and how to calculate a yearly income. Me and my family live off of benefits, and i have a single parent, so we only get around £10,000 per year, but i put down around £28,000. Although my tuition fees are being payed, my bursary was rejected, and ill be getting a £6,000 loan instead of £7,000. My accomodation will cost almost £7,000, so im in a bit of a fiddle. As its been a while since ive submitted, will saas change this if i contact them? I will be paying my accomodation fees by semesters, as im still under 18 so thats the only way im able, but wont have enough for the first payment. My stupidity is dawning on me and im beginning to panic, and have no idea how i allowed myself to enter that amount of money. Any and all advice is appreciated :smile:

Get in touch with them asap and explain the situation to see what they can do.

If it takes them a while to fix it you can also approach your uni about help with housing costs. Most unis will have funds to help students facing difficulties with living costs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending