The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Diagnostic Radiography (Pre-Reg) Funding

Hi,

I’m looking to do the Msc diagnostic radiography pre-reg course which is 2 years. I’m in Scotland and the courses I’ve looked at around £9,000 per year which i just cannot afford and won’t be able to for a very long time but i really want to do the course. I just wanted to ask is that apart from SAAS is there any other funding that can pay for most of the tuition fees as SAAS only give about 1-2k. Its something I’ve been wanting to do for so long but i just can’t afford the tuition fees even as a mature student. Any advice would be much appreciated! Thank you!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

I’m looking to do the Msc diagnostic radiography pre-reg course which is 2 years. I’m in Scotland and the courses I’ve looked at around £9,000 per year which i just cannot afford and won’t be able to for a very long time but i really want to do the course. I just wanted to ask is that apart from SAAS is there any other funding that can pay for most of the tuition fees as SAAS only give about 1-2k. Its something I’ve been wanting to do for so long but i just can’t afford the tuition fees even as a mature student. Any advice would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Your course is eligible for support from the NHS Learning Support Fund:

https://www.herts.ac.uk/study/fees-and-funding/financial-support/scholarships-grants-bursaries/NHS-learning-support-fund

Details of how to apply and eligibility criteria here:

https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/nhs-learning-support-fund-lsf
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by normaw
Your course is eligible for support from the NHS Learning Support Fund:

https://www.herts.ac.uk/study/fees-and-funding/financial-support/scholarships-grants-bursaries/NHS-learning-support-fund

Details of how to apply and eligibility criteria here:

https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/nhs-learning-support-fund-lsf

Hi, thanks for this but I don’t think this applies to scottish students
Hi, thanks for this but I don’t think this applies to scottish students

It applies if you are studying on a course in England (which you would be) and if you are eligible for support via one of the awarding bodies of which SAAS is one. From the NHS LSF link I gave above:

"To apply for support, you need to be:

studying on an eligible programme at a university in England

eligible for tuition fees and maintenance support from the Student Loans Company, either through:
Student Finance England (SFE), Student Finance Wales (SFW), Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS), Student Finance Northern Ireland (SFNI)

actively in study, whether academic or practice learning

Other arrangements are in place for those who may not apply for a loan due to personal reasons.

Those students must still show that they meet the eligibility criteria as defined by SFE, SFW, SFNI or SAAS, as applicable."
Also, according to the SAAS website, for postgraduates a tuition fee loan of up to £7,000 is available for full-time courses. You can also apply for a living costs loan of up to £4,500.

https://www.saas.gov.uk/full-time/postgraduate-funding-information
Reply 5
Original post by normaw
It applies if you are studying on a course in England (which you would be) and if you are eligible for support via one of the awarding bodies of which SAAS is one. From the NHS LSF link I gave above:

"To apply for support, you need to be:

studying on an eligible programme at a university in England

eligible for tuition fees and maintenance support from the Student Loans Company, either through:
Student Finance England (SFE), Student Finance Wales (SFW), Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS), Student Finance Northern Ireland (SFNI)

actively in study, whether academic or practice learning

Other arrangements are in place for those who may not apply for a loan due to personal reasons.

Those students must still show that they meet the eligibility criteria as defined by SFE, SFW, SFNI or SAAS, as applicable."

Hi the course i’m looking to study is in Scotland as this is where i live not England. The course is at Glasgow Caledonian University specifically. The funding through SAAS as mention wouldn’t even cover half of the fees.
Reply 6
Hi the course i’m looking to study is in Scotland as this is where i live not England. The course is at Glasgow Caledonian University specifically. The funding through SAAS as mention wouldn’t even cover half of the fees.

Also when i applied to the postgrad therapeutic radiography at Queen Margaret university in Edinburgh a 2 years ago SAAS only offered 2k and 1k for a student loan when the course is nearly 10k per year

So why did you post your query on the Uni of Hertforshire forum?
Reply 8
Original post by normaw
So why did you post your query on the Uni of Hertforshire forum?

Apologies i thought this was the generic forum

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending