The Student Room Group

Student finance Scotland/ England Help!

I'm Polish national living in England since before 2020 with a settled status and i have found out that I should meet the criteria for a home fee status , I currently hold offers on UCAS for universities in Liverpool however upon finding out that i can go to Scotland for uni for free I decided to go through clearing for University of Dundee however i dont know what will the situation be with the student finance as My fee status should be payed by the Scottish governament and i currently have an opened application with student finance England but want to go to A Scottish uni through clearing which should change the finance situation do Iapply to SAAS on the day of results when I get accepted into Dundee?? Please Help !
Original post by kakunek765
I'm Polish national living in England since before 2020 with a settled status and i have found out that I should meet the criteria for a home fee status , I currently hold offers on UCAS for universities in Liverpool however upon finding out that i can go to Scotland for uni for free I decided to go through clearing for University of Dundee however i dont know what will the situation be with the student finance as My fee status should be payed by the Scottish governament and i currently have an opened application with student finance England but want to go to A Scottish uni through clearing which should change the finance situation do Iapply to SAAS on the day of results when I get accepted into Dundee?? Please Help !

Hi there,

You would need to contact SAAS regarding your eligibility for their funding, however, if you normally reside in England this would indicate that you would apply through SFE.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi there,

You would need to contact SAAS regarding your eligibility for their funding, however, if you normally reside in England this would indicate that you would apply through SFE.

Thanks, Clare

Hi thank you for the quick answer !

I should be qualifying for the Home fee status in Scotland however i do not understand how would that work through English Student Finance as the Scottish governament would pay for it, i contacted SAAS however they told me to contact SFE in regard to the funding and tuition fee satus
(edited 8 months ago)
Hi thank you for the quick answer !

I should be qualifying for the Home fee status in Scotland however i do not understand how would that work through English Student Finance as the Scottish governament would pay for it, i contacted SAAS however they told me to contact SFE in regard to the funding and tuition fee satus

Hi there,

The cost of your fees is between you and the university. Your actual funding provider is separate. Based on what you have advised, you should be applying through SFE. You would need to login to your account to apply.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi there,

The cost of your fees is between you and the university. Your actual funding provider is separate. Based on what you have advised, you should be applying through SFE. You would need to login to your account to apply.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare

So can i apply for living cost from SFE and recieve the tution fees to be payed by the SAAS ?
So can i apply for living cost from SFE and recieve the tution fees to be payed by the SAAS ?

Hi there,

No, it will be one or the other. As you advised, SAAS told you to contact us in regards to Tuition Fees and Maintenance Loan as you are ordinarily domiciled in England. The cost of your fees will need to be something that you discuss with your university. Hope that makes more sense.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending