The Student Room Group

Law firm

do ur a level results matter when applying to magic circle law firms?
Yes, unfortunately. A lot of Magic Circle firms require at least AAB, and most applicants actually have A-level grades that are much higher than this (A*AA and such). As a result, MC firms end up hiring a lot of RG students that managed to get these sorts of A-level grades in the first place. You should still be able to apply if you have AAB though, and I know even if you have lower than this that there are some top firms that still allow applications. Gl!
Reply 2
thank u for ur response! would they care if i reset my a levels or would it put me disadvantage?
Original post by koko1244
thank u for ur response! would they care if i reset my a levels or would it put me disadvantage?

I think that would be more of a problem to the university than anything. Just to make it clear, the 2:1 and the university you get it from is more important than your A-levels so I highly doubt they'd care if it was a resit.
Reply 4
Original post by toxicgamage56
I think that would be more of a problem to the university than anything. Just to make it clear, the 2:1 and the university you get it from is more important than your A-levels so I highly doubt they'd care if it was a resit.

i’m going uni of kent and not a russell group would that make my chances lower??
i’m going uni of kent and not a russell group would that make my chances lower??

Not necessarily, even within RG only the top few are selected disproportionately from Magic Circle. That is to say that you still have as much of a chance as some other RG unis as well, you would just need to stand out a lot. You don't have to necessarily go Magic Circle.
Reply 6
Original post by toxicgamage56
Not necessarily, even within RG only the top few are selected disproportionately from Magic Circle. That is to say that you still have as much of a chance as some other RG unis as well, you would just need to stand out a lot. You don't have to necessarily go Magic Circle.

thank you for your advice and time!
thank you for your advice and time!

No problem! I wish you every luck in achieving your dream career :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending