The Student Room Group

What do you procrastinate about?

Procrastination is affecting me in every part of my life at the moment.

I'm a 36 year old man, married, with children, a job, a car and a house yet my procrastinations around tasks at home, work and relationships, stem from a place of a lack knowledge. Simply not knowing about things people my age know about (running a house, looking after the needs of my family, having the ability to soak in information to help do my job).

I have a handful of friends who I wouldn't dare ask for help or family members, who likewise, would laugh or be critical of my inability to action tasks because they'd say "don't you know that!".

I wish I had a person in my life who would be totally non-judgmental and let me ask the most stupidest of questions and help, then my knowledge would increase and I'd feel more easier trying to sort things.

So, currently, I'm in a place where everything is getting on top of me. I have purposefully ignored major issues around the house because I'm too scared to raise the alarm and the - rightful - anger that will bring. I don't deal with tradespeople so I'm just shrugging my shoulders at things.

At work, I'm being tasked with things and I have no clue how to do them, my brain just can't think about how to do them. It's not a situation where I have a slight nerves about it, it's simply I have no idea how to go about it. Thus leading to what I expect will be a meeting where Trustees, who already have doubts about me, will be validated about their views.

I've believed I have really bad anxiety yet I'm inclined to think I have AdHD but maybe I'm wrong.

Sorry, this is more about me but what kind of things do you procrastinate about and do you just continue to do that or do you eventually end up doing them? Unlike me.

Thanks.
Reply 1
is this one of those cases where you need to speak to a professional, or at the very least confide in someone close to you, and not seek advice from people online? because if you don't it sounds like you may be heading up ****creek without a paddle

Original post by Anonymous
I have purposefully ignored major issues around the house because I'm too scared to raise the alarm and the - rightful - anger that will bring ... At work, I'm being tasked with things and I have no clue how to do them ... I've believed I have really bad anxiety yet I'm inclined to think I have AdHD but maybe I'm wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest