The Student Room Group

Want to share some good news :)

I am super happy right now and I just gotta tell someone. I had an ASC assessment today, I've been waiting for it for 4 years and 10 months. The wonderful people in the NHS who I was with today said that I was "Very Autistic" and that "I should have had far more support when I was at school" and how "the system failed". But, I couldn't be happier because now I have an official diagnosis and now I can't stop smiling. I hope whoever reads this can soon feel the happiness I feel right now :smile: :smile: :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I am super happy right now and I just gotta tell someone. I had an ASC assessment today, I've been waiting for it for 4 years and 10 months. The wonderful people in the NHS who I was with today said that I was "Very Autistic" and that "I should have had far more support when I was at school" and how "the system failed". But, I couldn't be happier because now I have an official diagnosis and now I can't stop smiling. I hope whoever reads this can soon feel the happiness I feel right now :smile: :smile: :smile:

That's fantastic news - are you at university now? You will be entitled to DSA.
Reply 2

Aww bless your heart xx
I had an autistic classmate who was diagnosed quite recently and it made it much clearer for them and much happier!

Very sad the system failed you but you are clearly doing better now!
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Muttley79
That's fantastic news - are you at university now? You will be entitled to DSA.

Starting A levels at the end of the month. Now that I’m able to get more help I’m going to do so much better :smile:
Reply 4
Starting A levels at the end of the month. Now that I’m able to get more help I’m going to do so much better :smile:

Yes - get your school to write an Individual Learning Plan so all your teachers know what you need :smile:
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Muttley79
Yes - get your school to write an Individual Learning Plan so all your teachers know what you need :smile:

Home schooled now, had to leave school because of the difficulties I have.

Quick Reply

Latest